North Carolina Babies

the dog and my breast pump

Last night DH and I went out for dinner with people from work. We had a great night. Come home to find out that while my mom was watching the baby, the dog snuck into the tv room and chewed on my breast pump. It doesn't work. I might kill my dog (who is not yet 2 years old, and still puppy-like. Ridgebacks typically calm down after after age 2). I burst into tears. DH is calm, saying we can get another one, he didn't know what he was chewing. Ugh, now is not the time for being rational about it. After all my BF ups and downs, we're finally settled in, producing enough milk, nursing when I'm home, and pumping at night and when I'm at work, and now this. I had a total meltdown. I'm already emotional about being back at work; I didn't need this.

Zoe already had her last feeding, so I was super engorged until 6am, when I woke her up b/c I couldn't take it anymore. I'm still sore.

The good news, the pump was free, 7 years old Medela Pump in Style, and used by one of my friends for her 2 kids and she didn't want it back b/c she's done having kids. So now I get to buy a new Pump in Style, which is still cheaper than formula for the next 9 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: the dog and my breast pump

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"