TTC after 35

Ovarian cysts

I went to the RE this morning for my baseline b/w and u/s.  They found two pretty good size cysts on my left ovary.   I have been having some serious abdominal pain since the start of this cycle (Tuesday).   Kind of feels like constant constipation/cramps.  But it doesn't go away even after I go to the bathroom.

Does anyone know if the cysts can be causing this pain?  I'm getting worried that it might be something else on top of the cysts.  I left a message for my RE with the same question and will hopefully hear back tomorrow.  In the meantime, does anyone have experience with this here?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ovarian cysts

• The cysts could be causing you the pain, but it's hard to say for sure. I had one a couple years ago that caused me a great deal of pain, but it did resolve on its own. I saw my doctor about it and they did the dildo cam u/s so that is how they knew.

Like I said though, it's hard to say, since you are pretty early in your cycle. Hope you feel better soon!

• QE2QE2 member
    I have had cysts on 2 occasions. I had a hard time bending forward and pain was increased when going to the bathroom. RE did b/w to see if they were estrogen producing cysts. Fortunately, on both occasions, I held off on fertility drugs for a few days, cysts resolved themselves, and I was able to proceed with my cycles.Good luck!
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had similar pain that became very severe (I was doubled over and even  couldn't stand up straight). I went to the ER, and after running tests they suspected that one of my cysts burst.

I hope your pain goes away soon. Good luck.

• Thanks everyone for your responses.  My RE answered me this morning and said she is concerned but not alarmed.  They did b/w to confirm the cysts are not giving off hormones so I guess that is good but right now I jsut wish there was something I could do to make this pain go away!  It is making my job (fitness trainer) very difficult!! Crying

I hope you all have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"