Multiples

Positive FFN! Yikes!

So my FFN from yesterday came back positive!  I have been feeling tightening in my tummy which my OB says are contractions.  THey don't hurt at all, but happen pretty frequently.  I was given a shot of betamethasone, antibiotics and nifedipine to stop contractions.  I have always heard that a positive FFN means you have a good chance of going in to labor in the next 2 wks.  Has anyone had a positive FFN and able to hold the babies in for longer.  Its too early for my little ones!

Re: Positive FFN! Yikes!

• no experience here but GL! rest as much as possible.?
  • I have heard of getting a "false positive" on an FFN (although I personally only had negative FFN test results). Could you ask them to re-test you??

Regardless, wanted to say sending you positive thoughts and hoping you have lots of cooking time left ahead!! Please keep us posted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I had my FFN they told me that a negative means you are very unlikely to go into labor in the next two weeks, but a positive does not mean that you are likely to go into labor. Basically a negative result is good, but a positive does not indicate anything.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• I had positive FFN's from week 24 until the week I delivered at 32 weeks.  The FFN, IMO, isn't all that reliable in predicting labor.....
  • Wow that is scary, rest up and hopefully your little ones will stay in for quite a it longer :)
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• I had a positive fFN at 27 weeks and I was able to keep the babies in on strict hospital bedrest until 32 weeks when Baby A's water broke, so that was a total of 5 weeks after my?positive?test. Good luck to you I hope they stay in for a long time.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not sure exactly, as mine have always come back negative. ?I wish you the best and hope that you can cook them for as long as you can! ?Sending you prayers!
  • imageKim777:
    Basically a negative result is good, but a positive does not indicate anything.

this 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't have twins, but I had a + FFN at 34 weeks, and didn't deliver until 37.  I was also contracting and didn't know it.  During that time I dialated from 1 to 3 cm, but never had contractions that I could feel.  I was on bedrest the whole time, and the day I came off bedrest (37w0d) my water broke and I immediately started have 3 minutes apart contractions.
  • imagejalaiaa:

imageKim777:
    Basically a negative result is good, but a positive does not indicate anything.

this 

A pos result indicates about a 50% chance of delivery within 2 weeks.  So not the end of the world, but a hi8gher chance then you would like to see!

• I went in to the hospital for contractions at 26 weeks 1 day and got a positive FFN.  They gave me betamethazone, niphedapine (which lowered my blood pressure too much) and ultimately a 48 hour monitored dosage of endocine to stop contrax.  I was slightly effaced, but they elected to keep me in for monitoring b/c of the drugs they were using.  Fast forward a month later and I'm still in the hospital, 90% effaced, not dilated at all and since that first day have gotten 2 negative FFNs.  Despite my low blood pressure I'm on niphedapine every six hours, but it appears that the contrax are just norm for my body.  I'm here until at least 32 weeks, but my peri doesn't see any reason why I won't make it to 34.

Bottom line, my peri said that a positive FFN is not an "Oh, sh*!" moment, but just something else that we have to work through.  (Her exact words.)  It doesn't mean that you'll definitely have the babies.

Hang in there and good luck!

• I think I remember that Gretchen had a positive FFN at 28 weeks or something like that, and she kept the babies in until at least 36 weeks.  I might be off a week or two, but that was the gist.
  • no experience here either, but wanted to wish you luck!
    IVF #3 = ID Twin Boys TTC #3, June 2011 FET #1 m/c 9 Weeks, October FET #2 BFN, December FET #3 BFN, March FET #4 c/p, June FET #5 BFN, July FET #6 embie didn't survive the thaw IVF#4 September 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Identical twin boys born at 30 weeks 2 days due to HELLP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"