Alabama Babies
Options

someone wants my milk :)

I have about 30 oz of BM left over and Avery doesn't drink her sippy cups enough to put the BM in the cup... So I posted on the local mommy milk meetup to see if anyone needed some milk since it's not enough to donate, and someone wants it :)

It makes me happy that I won't be wasting the "liquid gold"

Re: someone wants my milk :)

• Options
    Yay!!!  I talked to Sarah's dr about it and he nixed the idea but I'm glad someone will be able to use it.  Thanks again for the amazing offer :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that's cool.  I never thought about giving away milk, but just read something recently about milk donation.  Very good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, I'm gonna be totally honest here and say that something about that totally grosses me out!  Not that it's YOUR milk, Sarah...just that a baby would be drinking breast milk from someone's body that is not their own mother's.  IDK...it just wigs me out a bit.  Please don't get offended...this has nothing to do with you personally.  I've felt this way about BM ever since I first nursed Haley 10 years ago.  I'd give my baby formula before giving him/her someone elses BM.  But, that's just me!
  • Options

Monica, it's definitely not for everyone. 

I was thinking I don't think I would use anyone else's milk, but I totally do not feel weird at all about giving my milk to someone else.

I think that if someone asked me to NURSE another baby, I would do it in a heartbeat too. 

I just hated throwing my milk out when I knew Avery wasn't going to use it.  

• Options

What a great and wonderful thing to do!!

To PP, there are women out there who can't nurse their babies but would like the nutrition that breast milk offers. There are thousands of milk banks all over the country so I'm sure that some people aren't skeeved out by it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"