Multiples

Gift for soon-to-be-mom of twins question

Hi ladies - one of my best friends is having twins (most likely in January but maybe late Dec) and I was hoping to get some recommendations on good gifts.

I live 45 min from her so I hope to do some favors (grocery shopping?) but also want to give her some gifts for her shower (I already got her some Pickie Stickies) - I was hoping you ladies would have some great ideas on need-to-haves.  If it matters, she is having a boy and a girl and she is a doc in the NICU (so she probably doesn't need any first aid kits or stuff like that).

Thanks (and kudos to you ladies - I find it hard to use the bathroom with just one little one)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gift for soon-to-be-mom of twins question

• make sure she has two boppies, they are perfect for middle of the night feedings
  • If she is registered anywhere, stick to getting her gifts from the registry. I put a lot of research into what we needed/wanted for twins and only 3 people at my shower purchased from the registry. I'm grateful for all the cute clothes I received but am not looking forward shopping when I'm so tired and uncomfortable.

I would imagine grocery shopping, making frozen meals, or purchasing gift certificates to carry-out places would be helpful. I'm worried about having a c-section and my babies being in the NICU. I would love to have a friend offer to drive me to the hospital since I won't be able to drive myself. Just something to consider doing if you have the time.

• Loading the player...
  • That's very sweet of you to help her out!

I ditto the suggestion to either order her some meals in from a local restaurant or take out places, or get items left over from her registry, or maybe do up a cute basket stocked with diapers, wipes, and a gift card to somewhere like Target or Babies R Us that would come in handy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with the registry items, but I have discovered we could always use more bibs, burp cloths (or cloth diapers), diapers (see if she registered for a particular kind, otherwise I liked the pampers way better than huggies for nb size), wipes, etc.

And the help once the babies arrive is probably most valuable, especially once she goes home from the hospital.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• if you want to go off registry and get something special - i think the picky stickies are great.... and also loved my trumpette socks i was given for Griffin  - you could get a girl set and a boy set.

batteries of all sizes = a great gift. I do that a lot - buy big packs at Costco :)

• Very kind of you!

1.  A prepared meal---maybe 2-4 weeks after their birth

2.  Go with the registry!

3.  One of my favorite gifs:  monogrammed matching hats with their names on it....not sure which website my friend got ours off of but truly original!

4.  Diapers/wipes/gift cards definately:  she won't have the time to return things, and a gift card can be used at any time

• imagesunnybrook.:

If she is registered anywhere, stick to getting her gifts from the registry. I put a lot of research into what we needed/wanted for twins and only 3 people at my shower purchased from the registry. I'm grateful for all the cute clothes I received but am not looking forward shopping when I'm so tired and uncomfortable.

I would imagine grocery shopping, making frozen meals, or purchasing gift certificates to carry-out places would be helpful. I'm worried about having a c-section and my babies being in the NICU. I would love to have a friend offer to drive me to the hospital since I won't be able to drive myself. Just something to consider doing if you have the time.

This totally. ?I got so many clothes (which are adorable) and way too many blankets. ?While I am grateful for all of the gifts I received I really needed the things on my registry which I put a LOT of time into. ?At my last shower I literally got NOTHING off of the registry. ??

• Thanks ladies - lots of great ideas! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBearfootz:

Agree with the registry items, but I have discovered we could always use more bibs, burp cloths (or cloth diapers), diapers (see if she registered for a particular kind, otherwise I liked the pampers way better than huggies for nb size), wipes, etc.

And the help once the babies arrive is probably most valuable, especially once she goes home from the hospital.

These are all great suggestions!  I say practical is the way to go.  And it would be awesome of you to help out after they come, that is probably the best gift ever.  My Step-MIL brought us groceries and dinners and it was an absolute life saver. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"