Pennsylvania Babies

Daycare costs?

We are possibly looking at moving back to Central PA after the 1st of the year and I'm wondering what the typical daycare rates are?  We never had to put DD in daycare before we moved so I have no idea!  DH tried looking up some of the larger centers (Kindercare, etc.) but could not find rates on their sites.  It doesn't matter to us if we use an in-home or center, so rates for either would be helpful!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Daycare costs?

• I pay $40 a day for three days a week, full-time is less than that per day, maybe $36? This is for a nonprofit center. You will find differences between nonprofit centers and for-profit centers, like the Kindercares, Goddard, etc. I found Kindercares to be the highest of the centers.

My rate is on the lower end of the center range, but in-homes are generally less.

• I pay $262/bi-weekly for full time care/   Mine is probably on the lower end since it is a private center that is fully accredidated and must meet very strict standards it is federally funded on the Navy Base.  We are very lucky to have such a low cost center, they supply everything except diapers and wipes.  The best part is my son is less than 1 mile away from me and I can pop in whenever I want (though I don't).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I pay $150.00/week for fulltime in home center. I also looked into a center in the area which was $217 a week.
  • I was rough estimating 150-200 a week, so I guess that wasn't incredibly far off depending where we go.  I completely forgot that part-time could be an option too...we both work retail so it's entirely possible we'd only need care 2 or 3 days a week.  Thank you so much for the info!
  • I pay $960/mo in Mech. Centers closer to my home in Mech/Enola were running $1200-$1300/mo. This is for an infant.
  • We pay just under $200.00/week for FT care at a DC center.  PT is only available if you come the same days every week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a really good friend that will be watching Hannah in Halifax for $75 a week. I'm going to give her more because I appreciate her doing this and I really trust her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do have some friends in the Harrisburg area, so I'm hoping maybe they will help us out a few days a week and the other days do part-time daycare (trying to weigh all the options here).  They had offered previously to watch DD sometimes.  If we ended up going that way it wouldn't be a weekly thing, so I guess I'd have to figure a daily rate (though I think some of them wouldn't mind being paid in beer Wink...men lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"