North Carolina Babies

Appt. Update

Not great news, but not bad.  The Dr. couldn't see the heartbeat, but there is yolk sac.  She said it may still be too early, so we're going back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.  I was really hoping we'd at least be able to see the heartbeat by almost 7 weeks.  And I have 2 cysts on my ovaries, which are apparently normal and they'll watch them.  So now more waiting and even more nervousness!

Re: Appt. Update

• Maybe it's just too early.  I think I was 7.5 weeks when we saw the hb.  Hang in there!  And I had a cyst on my ovary too that didn't cause any problems and ended up going away. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can imagine this is so very stressful.    Many good thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Could just be too early!  Sending good vibes your way.

I also had/have 2 cysts on one of my ovaries right now (or did as of my last u/s).  Nothing to worry about.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I hope the next 2 weeks fly by - I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you & your DH. It is pretty early, crossing my fingers for you and your baby!
  • I hope that it's just too early to see.  The yolk sac being there is good news though.  I hope these next 2 weeks fly by for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping to hear. I imagine that is incredibly stressful. But I hope you get great news in two weeks!
  • When I was pg with Ashley, my first appointment was at 6 weeks and they could only see the yolk sak, but not the heartbeat. I am sure it is just too early. I will be thinking about you!
  • Bummer!  It is probably just too early. We didn't see a heartbeat until 8 weeks.  I know it must be so frustrating and difficult for you to wait another two weeks though. Plan some fun things with your DH for the next 14 days and hopefully that will help pass the time!
    Catching up on sports news...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Two weeks of waiting, I'm sorry that must be so disappointing. I hope they go by quickly and you are able to see that flicker very soon.
  • Hang in there! Hopefully you will have a good appt next time.
  • How disappointing - but it must be too early to see it.  I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think we saw our HB until almost 9-10 weeks so hopefully it's just too soon for yours. I know this will be a tough two weeks, but I hope it passes quickly. I'll keep you and your DH in my thoughts.
  • argh!

yeh, we went at 9.5 weeks and that worked out well b/c by then "it" looked like an actually little being with arm/leg buds. and of course, a tiny heartbeat.

GL!
  • How frustrating! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
  • Oh, I'm sorry to hear you are in a bit of limbo for now :( I hope the next 2 weeks pass quickly so you can see a beautiful heartbeat!
  • I hope the next appt is more definitive for you! I will keep sending good thoughts your way. I also had a cyst that went away on its own, so that def sounds normal. Best wishes for a sticky little baby!!!

• I'm so sorry for the limbo :(  We didn't see a heartbeat either time until 8 weeks, fwiw.

I'll be saying tons of prayers for both a better ultrasound & a speedy next few weeks!

• :(  i hope the next two weeks flies by for you!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I hope the next two weeks fly by.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

• That is disappointing!  I hope the 2 weeks fly by for you!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I know how long that wait is going to be, but it seems that is promising news. We also didn't have an ultrasound until 8 weeks and were able to see the heartbeat.
  • Ill be thinking of you and hopefully everything will be okay and it was just too early this time!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I didn't see a HB either until 9 weeks so I'm praying it's just too early. Hang in there--I know the waiting period sucks. :( 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Hope you get good news in 2 weeks!

My Sweet Girls

• I had that happen as well...they base your # weeks as if you have a perfect 28 day cycle, and O on day 14...and if you don't, the weeks/days pg are off.  you're probably just a few days less than what they think you are.  And a day or two at this early stage makes such a huge difference on whether or not they see the h/b!  Good luck and hoping for a strong h/b in two weeks!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"