South Florida Babies

Beef O Bradys....never again!

We went to the one in Sunrise. They advertised a Halloween event, so we figured why not?!?! It was SO loud and SO crazy and the service was SO slow!!! AND they did NOT accept coupons like they advertised. Not only that, but I made sure to ask about the coupon BEFORE we ordered, and was told to give it at the end, and they didnt take it when all was said and done. So I dont think I will be returning there ever again. My kids are behaved enough that I actually enjoy taking them to nicer restaurants than these little crap holes.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beef O Bradys....never again!

• LOL and you were soooooo excited to go too. Poor Lauren! Glad you shared your experience though.
  • I needed an alcoholic drink SOOOOOOOOOOO bad to make the pain go away, lol!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • LMAO. Lauren, there is one near me that someone I know raves about. In Homestead. I have never been. I'm sorry you had a sucky experience!
  • That sucks!  Were the kids the only one dressed up?? 

• Kids and the staff were dressed in costume. It was also RIDICULOUSLY hot in there!!! Not my idea of a fun family night out : )
  • Hi there.  This is Samantha Jacobs, the owner of Beef "O" Brady's in Sunrise.  My husband and I own the restaurant and were responsible for organizing, planning and promoting the Halloween event you posted about today.  I would not typically respond publicly to a blog post, but I'm on this board all of the time as we are expecting our first child in January.  I saw your posting and wanted to be sure that I responded, as this is definitely not the perception we want for the community to have about our family business.  I am actually glad that you posted your concerns, though, so that we have the opportunity to respond.

First, I want to thank you and your family for coming out to our event.  We spent countless hours promoting this event over the past few months.  We had quite a larger turnout than we were expecting, so we were very happy about that.  I am sorry, however, that you felt the restaurant was too busy and too loud.  I am not one to ever shirk responsibility, but unfortunately, these are things that can't be controlled during a special event, and especially not on Kids Night.  Every Tuesday night at our restaurant Kids Eat Free, so this means that there will inevitably be a lot of kids and families in the restaurant.  Something else that is unfortunate is that while it sounds like your kids are well-behaved in public, that is not always the case with each and every family who dines out on Kids Night.  I wish that was something in our control, but it just isn't.  I can assure you though, that our restaurant is not like it was last night on normal days or occasions.  Sales-wise, last night was our single busiest night in the past 9 months.  It was our busiest Kids Night in over a year.

Secondly, I do really want to address the coupon issue.  I believe that I am familiar with your situation as one of our employees asked me personally during the party about what I believe was your table.  We have, as you mentioned, been promoting a coupon offer over the past few weeks, that we will accept the coupon of any restaurant competitor.  We also have several other of our own coupon offers out there in local magazines, direct mail pieces, etc.  However, it is our standard policy (and the policy of nearly all restaurants) to not accept multiple coupons or discounts at one time.  This is normal in most places and on all of our coupons, we are sure to print that discounts are not combinable.  We had a few groups in for the event last night who tried to combine multiple coupons on one check, as well as enjoy our Tuesday Night Kids Eat Free offer.  I told our employees to please communicate that no, we do not accept multiple discounts on one check or one visit.  It is just not possible to do that and to stay in business, especially in today's economy.  However, I encouraged our staff to let their tables know that we are always happy to accept a coupon or special offer, and that we will honor the one that represents the most significant discount. 

If your particular situation was different than the above, please let me know offline so that we can address it.  I would also love to hear from you individually so that we can address any other concerns you may have.  Our e-mail address is beefsofsunrise@yahoo.com

Again, I sincerely apologize if you did not have an enjoyable experience.  I received rave reviews about last night from many guests and this is the first negative comment I've received.  That said, it saddens me as I personally worked very hard over the past few months to plan the event (and last night to host it).  Unfortunately, especially during much-promoted special events on Kids Nights, it is challenging to control all of the circumstances and take personal care of each and every guest.  However, my husband and I try very hard to do the best that we can.  I am hopeful that you will understand this, not judge our restaurant based on an exceptionally unique night, and give us another chance. 

For everyone else, I want to ensure that you all have the right understanding of what Beef "O" Brady's is, and what we are trying to achieve at our location in Sunrise.  Beef "O" Brady's as a brand is committed to providing a fun, clean and enjoyable atmosphere for families.  My husband and I have worked tirelessly over the past three years since opening our "Beef's" to ensure that guests enjoy their experience and leave happy.  We work open to close seven days a week and are extremely involved in the community, in order to be sure our neighbors know how important their business is to us.  We have won multiple local awards for our efforts and for the service that we provide, including being named the "Best Family Sports Restaurant" by the Miami Herald.  It is tough to ensure that each and every guest visit is perfect, but we try.  I hope you will all come by to visit, introduce yourselves as fellow "Bumpies" and experience our "Beef's" firsthand.

Sincerely,

Samantha Jacobs, Owner of Beef "O" Brady's in Sunrise (with my husband Mike)

• I dont have a problem with kids or with noise, if that was the case I never would have had any of my own. However, last night just seemed rowdy and overcrowded and hot. I'll choke that up to there being a special event going on. With that said, I dont like being called out on the coupon issue. My problem with that was not that the waitress did not take the coupon, it was that before any order was even put in, I asked her about the coupon "Should I give this to you now or after dinner?" Waitress response "You can just give me any coupons after dinner." In my opinion, that was her implying that she was going to take the coupons. Whatever, lack of communication, thats fine. All I know is that we were a party of 6 adults and 4 kids. We were sat at 5:40 and the first kids meal didnt reach our table until almost 7:00. When the adult meals did get to the table, there were 2 missing. I dont think we were that big of a party for there to be confusion. Anyway, for me, Beef O Brady's last night was madness and chaos.

• That sucks. The Beef O' Brady's here is actually really really really yummy. Maybe you went on a bad night? Sucks that they didn't take your coupon. I wouldn't go back either!

• I felt the same way about the one in Parkland, and it wasn't even kids night.  It was so crazy in there and the service was so poor that we never went back.  That was probably over a year ago.  I just feel like if I'm going to be eating in the middle of Chuck E Cheeses (or the atmosphere of one) I had either better be paying a lot less for the food or be way more entertained.
  • Isn't it against The Nest/Bump terms of service to post what the owner just did?  I'm sure it's a grey area, but it seems to cross the line a bit.
  • LOL, especially considering the terms of use post just a few days ago! I thought the SAME thing, but didnt want to start something bigger : )
  • i will... :-D

"The Bump we do not allow soliciting or advertising in any capacity:

-No posts about your business
    -If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours
    -In your signature, you cannot mention your business, or link to it.  You can link to your personal blog if you have one.  If your personal blog has a link to your etsy store, we are ok with that. However, please do not list items and their prices on your personal blog, essentially creating an extension of your store."

• Hi everyone. I just want to apologize if any of you felt I was violating a policy with my posting yesterday.  I'm a fellow "Bumpie" and mom-to-be (we're expecting our first baby in January) and I do not use this board to solicit business.  I come here so that I can get advice on being an expectant first-time mom.  However, when I came across a posting that was extremely negative about what happened to coincidentally be my business, I just felt I had to respond and try to address the person's concerns.  I also contacted her with a direct message, offering to buy her family's next meal if she would give us another chance.  Her experience was a definite fluke on an incredibly insane, uncivilized and out-of-the-ordinary night, and just not how I wanted for our business to be perceived.  For anyone reading this, I truly hope you can understand that.

I was just trying to do the right thing for my family.  I apologize if anyone took it the wrong way.  It just didn't feel fair that people were allowed to say what they wanted in such a negative way, and for me to not be able to respond somehow.  My husband and I are a young, newly married couple and until now, the restaurant has been our baby.  It would be like if someone posted something negative about your child's behavior at an event, and you weren't allowed to write back and defend them.  It's hard to explain but again, I'm sorry if my comments were misperceived.  They were truly genuine.  I didn't come onto this board looking for messages to respond to about our business.  I actually logged on yesterday because I was having weird pains, to see if anyone had posted something similar in their third trimester.  I hope you can all understand why when I saw the posting about our restaurant, I had to write back.

This is my last posting on the restaurant topic - with baby on the way, there are much bigger things to worry about!  Hope you all have a great day.  :)   

• I'm not a cheap skate looking for a free meal, and I never received an email from you. This board is all about posting experiences, reviews, and help as needed. I wrote about how my experience at your restaurant, thats all. We are a good source of information for lots of different topics, so dont let this one topic deter you from our boards, and congrats on your upcoming baby!
  • imagebritishbride05:

i will... :-D

"The Bump we do not allow soliciting or advertising in any capacity:

-No posts about your business
    -If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours
    -In your signature, you cannot mention your business, or link to it.  You can link to your personal blog if you have one.  If your personal blog has a link to your etsy store, we are ok with that. However, please do not list items and their prices on your personal blog, essentially creating an extension of your store."

Reading that and reading this reading this thread, I don't see anything wrong with what she responded to Lauren's post.  It was not soliciting or advertising, IMHO.  It was a response, not an original post, and I don't think it crossed any lines.  Plus, she has posted before, so it doesn't appear to be someone just joining the nest (or the bump, I always forget) for the sole purpose of replying to a bad review.  And on top of that, she was polite and didn't try to negate Lauren's experience, simply to respond to it.

Just my two cents.

• i was just being cranky and a pain in the @ss,  sorry!!!!  i've gotta learn not to post when I've only slept 4 hours in 2 days :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"