Stay at Home Moms

I'm changing

I am lowering standards left and right.

I have stopped cleaning up behind DD all day.  I am just leaving toy messes.  I figure she will revisit them or I will do it before bed time.  I used to pick everything up before nap time.  I have not been doing that.   

I was sweeping and cleaning the counter tops after every meal, but that was getting old.  Now I do it after every other or 3rd meal.

I didn't make the bed yesterday and DD and I cuddled up in it multiple times throughout the day.  It was soft and cozy.

I simplified dinners this week and minimized dishes. I ate even ate my lunches on a paper plate.  

I was going to make DD's Halloween costume, which would have meant we would have a lot of shopping to do tomorrow and I would have a lot of creating after she went to bed.  Instead I stopped by TCP and bought a flower costume for $5.99.  It is pretty cute.  I will admit though on this one, I will be bummed if a neighbor is wearing the same thing. Nothing like a homemade, original costume.  

I don't know how I feel about this.  I can't tell if it is a phase or if I am really changing.  I do know DD, DH and I are all happy and I think that is the most important part.

Oh balance, you are a hard thing to find and hold on to. 

Re: I'm changing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"