Preemies
Options

should i call the pedi???

we went to iowa for a wedding the weekend of sept. 26th and DS caught a cold from my nephew. it lasted a few days and then he was fine. except for at night. he wakes up once a night coughing horribly for about 10-15 min. and he seems to cough a lot when he's first up in the am. to the point that he sometimes throws up his breakfast bottle (maybe 2-3 times). :(

we've been to the pedi since he was originally sick and there didn't seem to be anything wrong. she thought maybe it was post nasal drip. he doesn't seem to be stuffy at night and we're running the humidifier all the time (although i just ordered a new, better one!).

any suggestions? is it time to call the pedi again?

Re: should i call the pedi???

• Options
    is his crib elevated? not sure what they can do for him, but it doesn't hurt to call. hope he is on the mend soon.
    imageimage

• Options
    I would call again, just to be safe.  Post-nasal drip seems like it would be less severe than coughing for 15 min & throwing up. Poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

the crib isn't elevated because at this point, he's all over the place. he sleeps sideways and upside down, and on his belly, and on his side, in all areas of the crib. when it's gotten really bad, i'll sleep with him in the chair so he's elevated a bit. :(

i'll give them another call. it's been forever!

• Options
    I'm not sure but when in doubt, I call the nurse and ask her what she thinks!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"