Multiples

Q re short-term disability coverage

If your employer offers short-term disability coverage for recovery after birth, please share your experience.  Was it any different than the experience of your co-workers with a singelton? 

It is my understanding that generally, short-term disability covers 6 weeks for a vaginal delivery and 8 weeks for a c-section.  Is there any difference for delivering multiples?  Is it still 6 weeks for vaginal delivery even though you had 2 to push out (and possibly one was breech)?  TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Q re short-term disability coverage

• I get 8 weeks for multiples regardless of type of delivery.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • i got 6 weeks like i would for a singelton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • On my plan it's officially the same for multiples and singletons (6 for vaginal and 8 for c), but my doctor submitted the paperwork for me and I ended up getting 12 weeks.  I had a lot of bleeding after delivery so she listed the reasons as multiple gestation and blood loss.  You might want to talk to your doc about his/her policy on this.
    After a PCOS dx, 18 months of trying, 3 rounds of clomid and 2 follistim IUIs our babies are here!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I should also say my insurance company was EXTREMELY great with my disability claim.  My doc wanted me to quit working at 28 weeks and they approved my coverage for that very easily.  I didn't deliver until 38 weeks so I had 10 weeks of coverage prior to birth and 12 after.  Once I hit week 13 they switched me over to my long term disability plan seamlessly.  Both the plans are administered by the same group and I'm assuming that's some of why it was so easy.  Good luck!
    After a PCOS dx, 18 months of trying, 3 rounds of clomid and 2 follistim IUIs our babies are here!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks Mrs.BKP, that is very helpful.  I'll speak to my OB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"