Blended Families

Since everyone is bored he's my vent for the day.

Why is it that people I would otherwise find to be intelligent individuals send on the most ridiculous email forwards?

The latest is from a college friend of mine about petitioning Obama to not extend social security to illegal immigrants. Seriously, do people think this is the way a petition would work? Without even touching on the topic of the petition let's cover an emailed petition. 

1. You really think that by forwarding such an email to everyone in your address book that all the names wouldn't be duplicated like 10x's over? 2. You really think that all you need to do to sign such a petition is type in your name, city & state? 3. You really think that you're going to get something done by forwarding some dumb mass email to a non-descript generic email address at the white house?

I did take the higher road and instead of responding with all of that I just C&P the snopes link about the topic and hit send to the sender only.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11

Re: Since everyone is bored he's my vent for the day.

• Seriously! I got that email from my mother, complete with my parents names "electronically signed" at the bottom. She's even a fan of Obama...
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • sympathize.

I have one "intelligent" friend who still does this.  Drives me insane.

• Loading the player...
  • I hate all the animal faces with "cute" misspelled words.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"