Alabama Babies
Options

Old Wives Tales re: gender

So - if you already have had LO, or are currently PG and know the gender of your LO, did you "fit" any of the OWTs??  I'm starting to think about it a lot now that my big u/s is on monday....

Re: Old Wives Tales re: gender

• Options

With Jenna, I had not a single day of m/s (sign for boy), heartrate was always high (sign for girl), carried relatively high (sign for girl), craved sweet stuff (sign for girl).  I also seem to remember breaking out more - do they say that's a girl thing?? 

This PG is totally different.  I has m/s from about 3 weeks (yep, 1 week before my BFP, but I did) and still sort of have a queasy feeling most days (sign of girl), heartrate has been high so far (sign of girl), but I am totally turned off by chocolate and really craving sour and salty (which is apparently a sign of a boy).  I don't feel like I'm carrying any differently, but it's still early and my face hasn't really broken out.  I also feel more hormonal, but not in a good sappy way, but slightly more agressive - wonder if that's sign of a boy and testosterone...  or just stress...

• Options

I had all the stereotypical signs of having a girl, except that I've yet to crave sweets. I had morning sickness the first trimester, i've carried high throughout the pregnancy, she has had a high heartbeat the entire time, and you can't tell i'm pregnant from behind (unless you pay attention to the waddle). It got so old when everyone said "I knew you were going to have a girl...or I told you so."

There is a book that has all of the wives tales for pregnancy and you check them off to see what you're having. My friend let me borrow it, but I already gave it back. It had a lot that I had never even heard of before. There was one about the veins under your eyeball. And if the vein makes a "V" shape on the left, it's a girl and if it makes a "v" on the right, it's a boy. Of course, it was a girl for me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have no idea what any of my signs mean, but feel that I'm having a boy.

Heartrate: 7wks-132, 11wks-164, 15.5wks- 132-141

Carrying low/high:  I don't know... My torso is short and I don't know how I'm carrying...

Morning Sickness: I had nausea all day throughout my 1st tri

Cravings: Normally have a HUGE sweet tooth, but didn't want anything sweet at all!  Wanted sour and salty things. Now I'm able to eat sweets again.

Acne: Yes! My skin broke out a lot in 1st tri and still have some random zits. 

Who knows...  We'll find out in 3 weeks!

• Options

Well I am having a girl so we shall see if any of them applied

Heartrate: It has been 160, 148, 146 so far

Morning Sickness: I didn't have much until like week 12 or 13! It was very sporadic.

Cravings: In the beginning I craved salty and sour! Then as my pregnancy has progressed I have craved sweet things.

Acne: Well I hardly have any on my face but my chest and back are breaking out terribly! It drives me crazy!

• Options

No morning sickness= Boy

No cravings=??

All Chinese Gender Charts said Boy

No acne= Boy

Ring test was always inaccurate (it kind of always went here, there, and everywhere)

Age/Year conceived=26/2008, supposedly means Girl (I had only been 26 for a few days, lol)

I carried J high, which supposedly meant Girl

So all in all, I don't believe in those things, but they are fun!

• Options

Birthmom #1 (having a girl) -- carried high, fast heartbeat (always in the 160's), no m/s, chinese gender chart said boy

Birthmom #2 (having a boy) -- carrying low, fast heartbeat (160-170), no m/s, chinese gender chart said girl

• Options

I had zero morning sickness= boy

Heartrate was always between 150-160= girl

I carried high= girl

I craved salty and sour until the very last four weeks...then I couldn't get enough sweet!  

My skin actually got better! 

Every chinese gender chart I did said boy

So imagine my surprise when I heard girl :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"