TTC after 35

Acupuncture Q?

I'm not 100% sure that this works BUT I have about $1K to spend this year left on my flexible spending account.  Just looking at what services fall under the FSA and acupuncture is listed. 

For anyone that has tried acupuncture for IF how do you go about finding an acupuncturist?  Any certain certifications they should have?  

Re: Acupuncture Q?

• QE2QE2 member
    I got my recommendation from another poster that lives in my area (caityr). He's board certified in Oriental Reproductive Medicine so I felt comfortable with his knowledge/abilities with my girly parts. Here's a link to the national website.?https://www.aborm.org/ABORM_certified_practitioners.html#mary
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to my first accupuncture appt. tomorrow.   My concern is what do they make you wear? Is this yet another appt. where I have to take off all my clothes?
  • Loading the player...
  • QE2QE2 member
    Stacia-I just wear loose clothing that is easy to pull up. He sticks my feet, knees, stomach, forearms, hands and forehead. I did have to take off my shirt for one session when he did my back, but left my bra on. Good luck and enjoy!
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just realized I didn't answer your question.  You might try this website:

https://www.medicalacupuncture.org/

• I went to one that my best friend's friend's sister and girlfriend went to and had great success.
  • I had been researching acupuncturists for a few days. I was at an inspection one day and making small talk with the buyer.  Turns out, she and her husband own an acupuncture clinic and she specializes in women's fertility.  Go figure!  So, I have been seeing her and she is great. 

Since it is unlikely that this exact scenario will happen to you, I would ask around or try doing some research online to see if you can find someone.  Make sure they specialize in fertility.  I think that is really important.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"