South Florida Babies

Whats new with the kiddos? Come in, come in!

Its been a while since we have done one of these and I always love hearing about the kids' antics so lets go....whats new with your little one(s)?

Sophie is growing in leaps and bounds. More and more I barely see my little baby and instead have this little girl looking back at me and talking to me. She loves saying, "nooo...." in this voice when asked to do something. Drives me cuh-razy. But we have been telling her how sad that makes us and so far its working. She is now half obedient and half defiant...moving way into being more obedient than not. A lot of people I know say that they hate the twos. I really am loving the twos. Yes, its harder because she tests me at every turn but she is also so interractive and talkative. She tells me what she wants and needs and understands explanations. Sophie goes from being bossy and demanding to needy and sweet. She is all about hugs and kisses and high fives. She is also doing so well at daycare - and can count to 20 in english, 10 in spanish, and (thanks to Nihao, Kailan) to 3 in Chinese. We are leaving in two weeks for her second trip to Disney and I just cannot wait to see her reactions to everything.  

I love being a mom. :)

NEXT!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whats new with the kiddos? Come in, come in!

• i love these posts! (go sophie!!)

mady amazes me with something new everyday! she is now singing old macdonald along with me....i say the verse and she sings "e i e i oooooo"...she has mastered all her puzzles at home and can do them with her eyes closed (which reminds me i gotta get her some new ones). she is using the potty more now and loves sitting on her potty before bedtime while reading 2 of her books. i asked her the other day if she wanted more milk with her dinner, her reply: "uhmmm" with one finger on her chin and her eyes looking at the ceiling as if she had to think about it. she woke up from her nap the other day and and calls me by saying: "oyeeee mama, oyeeeeeee" lol! she is still elmo's #1 fan and will spot him far and small! she is now climbing furniture, beds, my rocker, and the first two steps in our house all by herself, infact thats pretty scary i shouldnt brag about that. she calls mickey and minnie "key" and gets in the car only to point at the radio and says "ora" so we can put on the dora theme song from the cd. dh was bothering her the other day and tapping her on her shoulder while she was watching sesame street on tv, mady wouldn't pay attention to him and instead kept rolling her eyes at him lol.

SHE MAKES ME SOOO HAPPY :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little chatterbox busts out with new words every day! This morning she was saying "guck" cause her Mickey was stuck in one of her toys!!  She loves Wheels on the Bus and will sing "beep beep beep, ahhh towwwwwn"!  She tells me what shows she wants to watch on TV, right now her favorites are Mickey, aka "Gickey", Olivia "oli oli oli", Wow Wow Wubzy "Wow wow", and Little Bear "Bee-u Bee-u" lol!  She loved the pumpkin patch and calls them "Pumpkeys". She is also getting a lot more physical, climbing on the couch, marching around, lots of dancing! Whenever I hurt myself, she offers me a hug to feel better! She's just so sweet! She is also very defiant and has tantrums pretty often, but I know it's just the age she's at. She's completely attached to her babydoll and it comes everywhere with us! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!!!

Well, Abby turns ONE on the 7th!!  Her birthday party is this Sunday, though, and we're all soooo excited :-D  We're also celebrating her birthday at Disney, so that's going to be a lot of fun.

We have an official walker!  She's lazy and knows that she can get somewhere quicker by crawling, so she'll take like 12 steps, look at us, and then just bend over and crawl twice the distance in half the time.  So we've been working on holding her by one hand and having her walk with us wherever we go, just to get used to not crawling. 

Abby's doign some fun stuff of her own, too!  She claps like crazy when we tell her to or when she does something new or fun, when we say "touchdown!!" she throws both arms up in the air (thanks, mom lol) and when she's done eating, she does the "no more" sign wtih her hands, like she's brushign stuff off the top of each one.  She's also learning how to share and give us stuff when we ask for it.  It began with her pacifier and trying put it in our mouths lol  Now when we say "can mommy have the *fill in the blank*" she'll actually hand it to us. 

She's doing a lot, but those have been our fun little moments with her :-D  I can't believe my little baby will be 1 in a week and 2 days!!  I'm glad we're having her party a week early, I don't want to start sobbing in front of everyone LOL

• oh!!  and she says "mumfim" when she sees pumpkins and "raher" when she wants a cracker.  lol 
  • Hunter is 2 months old today!  He's smiling a lot and he's super "talkative" lately.  He's grown another 1/2" in the last month and is now at 10lbs. 9.5oz. Oh, and he's pretty much sleeping through the night - his last feeding is at 9:30 or 10, he falls asleep usually by 11pm and wakes up at either 4 or 5!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lynda took her first steps the other day.  She still hasn't taken any since then and dh and I have yet to see them.  We're hoping she takes some more.  I realized I need to get out this weekend and buy this kid some shoes. 

Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  She waits until her turn in books and says the animal or object and then points to it.  She recently saw a baby and pointed and said "baby".  It was amazing how clearly she said it.  When she plays with her baby doll she shares the bottle with her.  It's one of those dolls that makes the drinking noise.  For the kid that never took a bottle, she sucks on this bottle and then gives it to the baby to drink.  

She is so affectionate.  She will blow you a kiss whenever you say "I love you".  She will climb on you and attack you with hugs - my favorite.  

She is playing and eating with the big kids at aftercare.  I was so impressed when they told me she sat at the table in a big girl chair and ate animal crackers with all the 2,3, and 4 year olds.  

The older she gets, definitely the more fun we are having.  Can't wait for our first Disney weekend next weekend.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagerach312:

Lynda took her first steps the other day.  She still hasn't taken any since then and dh and I have yet to see them.  We're hoping she takes some more.  I realized I need to get out this weekend and buy this kid some shoes. 

Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  She waits until her turn in books and says the animal or object and then points to it.  She recently saw a baby and pointed and said "baby".  It was amazing how clearly she said it.  When she plays with her baby doll she shares the bottle with her.  It's one of those dolls that makes the drinking noise.  For the kid that never took a bottle, she sucks on this bottle and then gives it to the baby to drink.  

She is so affectionate.  She will blow you a kiss whenever you say "I love you".  She will climb on you and attack you with hugs - my favorite.  

She is playing and eating with the big kids at aftercare.  I was so impressed when they told me she sat at the table in a big girl chair and ate animal crackers with all the 2,3, and 4 year olds.  

The older she gets, definitely the more fun we are having.  Can't wait for our first Disney weekend next weekend.  

rachel, are we going the same weekend?

• Mikey is a handful! The terrible two's fit him perfectly because one minute he's an angel and the very next he's having HUGE tantrums. He loves No and he loves to hit. Both of which are VERY hard to curb right now since he's trying to express his emotions but just doesn't quite know how to do it. So let's just say its frustrating to no end.

In light of the bad stuff he amazes us every day with the stuff that comes out of his mouth. I didn't expect him to understand the concept of his birthday but he surprised both of us with that. He not only got so excited when we sang happy birthday to him but he knew that he had to have a cake for his birthday (which he did end up getting) and he knew how to blow out his candles too.

• I love this post!!  It's fun to see what everyone else's LO are doing and we get to AW a bi!

Well, Matthew is 5 months old today.  This past week has been incredible.  He's doing soooo much.  Just a few  days ago he decided to skip trippoding and is sitting up.  He sits up all by himself and plays with toys like a big boy.  It looks like he's cutting a tooth and he always shoving toys in his mouth!  He started putting his toes in his mouth yesterday. It's the cutiest thing on earth.  I'm sure you guys remember the whole ordeal with starting solids...at the end, we both decided that starting at 6 months was the best thing for Matthew (plus, the pediatrician didn't even mention solids at his 4 month appt).  We also decided to skip the bottle and go straight to the sippy cup (he doesn't take a bottle, only takes breastmilk straight from the tap).  So that's what we've been doing.  I put an ice cup in his cup and less than an ounce of water and we practice.  I took the inside part so the water flows out and he loves it!  We set up his high chair today and he sat at the table with us.  He took his sippy cup by both hands and put it in his mouth!! 

• Mr. Buddy will be hitting double digits this weekend...10 weeks! He smiles like crazy and swears he's talking to you. He finally stopped screaming during baths and loves to splash around. He is very observant, even his pediatrician commented on how nosey he is, lol. He's still only sleeping about 3 hrs at a time and although it's exhausting, we could not imagine life without him!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"