South Florida Babies
Options

Pediatrician Recommendation

Hi all,

We're expecting our first little angel - Autumn Marie this December and we're in the market for a great pediatrician in the Miami/Kendall Area.  If you have a great pediatrican you'd recommend, please let me know!!

Thank you,

Magda

Re: Pediatrician Recommendation

• Options
    Hi!! I HIGHLY recommend our pediatrician- Her name is Mimi Abella-Blanco and she's in a practice called Westchester Pediatrics.  There are about 6 dotors there, but I've never seen anyone but Mimi.  They are on Sunset and around 93rd ave, they are open 7 days a week and on all holidays except for Christmas (half days on other holidays) and she has privileges at Miami Children's Hospital.  There is a sick room and a well room and also a nursery for babies under 4 months old so that htey're not around the older kids when waiting for an appt.  The wait is usually about 15 min before they call you in to see the doctor and Mimi takes her time and goes over everything (she's also a mom herself- a 12 year old, I believe, and a set of twins.)  The ph# is 305-273-1200.  All my cousins go to her, my SIL and a few friends of mine- never been any complaints!!  (Although lately the wait time has been a little longer- but just because of flu season.)
  • Options

I recommend my pedi ,  his name is Carlos Fuster (305) 227-0088,  his offices are located in the trium at Kendall Hospital he is such a delight,  very experienced doctor .

Good Luck and Congrats on the arrival of your daughter :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can definitely recommend mine, her name is Alina Siblesz-Ruiz and she is great. I used to go to another doctor and my daughter would start screaming the second we went through the door. He wasn't mean or anything, but a bit too quick and I always felt rushed and like he said the same thing over and over without answering the question. With Dr. Siblesz-Ruiz DD actually runs to the door and she laughs and talks to her. She's also one of the few I've ever heard off where you can call the after hours and actually ask to speak to the doctor if you have a problem that the nurse can't handle (like getting a prescription called in.) Her office is on Kendall Drive and 114th, right next to what used to be the Bennigan's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love my kids pedi to pieces. They both take their time to talk to you and listen to your requests. The office has excellent office hrs and the staff is very nice as well. The only downsize is that the waiting time is not so great. They are not overbooked but I guess that since they take their time and every patient is different some times the waiting can be annoying but I still love them and so far will not change because of it.

They are in South Miami. Dr. Ruiz-Castaneda. 305-668-2896.

• Options
    Oh, I wanted to add, that when you call the office with an issue about your LO, Dr. Mimi calls back herself, not her medical assitant OR they place you on hold and connect you to her right away if she's in the office.  If she's not in the office, she calls you from her personal cell phone!  When Abby was really ill, we took her in to see the pedi and that afternoon, she called to check up on her... I've never had a doctor do that before!
  • Options
    I second Westchester Pediatrics, we LOVE Dr. Cristina Montiel! She came highly recommended by numerous parents and she is awesome with Mr. Buddy. LO has also been seen by Dr. Fernandez-Pujol, Dr. J. Lopez (male), Dr. M. Lopez (female) within the same practice and they are all great. The staff is very professional and I know my little guy is in great hands when he's there. Also, if you need to reach them after-hours, you speak to an operator who routes the information to a Miami Children's nurse. When Mr. Buddy ran a fever earlier this week, we got a call back within 20 minutes of speaking to the operator.?
  • Options

imagemrs.jperez:
    I second Westchester Pediatrics, we LOVE Dr. Cristina Montiel! She came highly recommended by numerous parents and she is awesome with Mr. Buddy. LO has also been seen by Dr. Fernandez-Pujol, Dr. J. Lopez (male), Dr. M. Lopez (female) within the same practice and they are all great. The staff is very professional and I know my little guy is in great hands when he's there. Also, if you need to reach them after-hours, you speak to an operator who routes the information to a Miami Children's nurse. When Mr. Buddy ran a fever earlier this week, we got a call back within 20 minutes of speaking to the operator.

good to know about the other drs in case Dr. Mimi's not available!!  Fernandez-Pujol I've heard is wonderful, too... I've just  never met any of them :-D

• Options
    Congrats on your daughter! We use Dr. Claudia Herrera of South Florida Pediatric Associates (Sunset and 87th Ave). She is the sweetest! What I like about the office is that they are pretty much open all of the time! Their hours are from 8am-6pm, but then they have after hours from 6pm-9pm. They are also open on Saturdays, Sundays and all holidays! The wait is usually about an hour, which can be annoying, but I'm sure a lot of practices are like that. I work at MCH and our wait time is 2-3 hours!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"