Working Moms
Options

Interesting post about legit Mystery Shopper work

https://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/page/2/

I've never considered it, but it was interesting to see there ARE legit companies out there that you can do it with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Interesting post about legit Mystery Shopper work

• Options

I've done a few mystery shops - like 3, for a company that appears legit.  They've always sent me the check timely and never been a dispute.  Two of them were restaurant shops - they pay for your meal, and you fill out a survey (no additional payoff, just a free meal).  One was for Target where you went and spent $50 and filled out a survey about the associate offering you a credit card, and they paid you back.  So I got $50 in free stuff from Target.  Definitely not income-generating, but we got a couple free meals!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    My Mom teaches, and does mystery shopping on the side and during the summer for extra cash.  She usually makes an extra 5-7K per yr this way.  She's worked with 5+ companies that were referred to her as being reputable and she's never had a problem being paid.  Some only pay $8-12 but others pay $50+ per job and she's had a few pay over $100 for the job -but it involved a lot of hours.  The main issue with it I think is figuring out how much $/hr it comes out to after you factor in the driving time, the time for the actual 'shop' and then the paperwork afterward.  I know in my Mom's case she says it works best for her when she does a lot of the shops on a regular basis because it helps her get streamlined in the paperwork and the process which cuts down on the amt of time slotted for each shop.  I think it would be hard to make your primary living off of it, but for supplemental it works for some people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecbc04:
    My Mom teaches, and does mystery shopping on the side and during the summer for extra cash.  She usually makes an extra 5-7K per yr this way.  She's worked with 5+ companies that were referred to her as being reputable and she's never had a problem being paid.  Some only pay $8-12 but others pay $50+ per job and she's had a few pay over $100 for the job -but it involved a lot of hours.  The main issue with it I think is figuring out how much $/hr it comes out to after you factor in the driving time, the time for the actual 'shop' and then the paperwork afterward.  I know in my Mom's case she says it works best for her when she does a lot of the shops on a regular basis because it helps her get streamlined in the paperwork and the process which cuts down on the amt of time slotted for each shop.  I think it would be hard to make your primary living off of it, but for supplemental it works for some people.

This exactly.  I do some on the side and it's fun and I usually use it to get things I need anyway (oil change, dry cleaning, etc...) for free, but it's definitely not a way to make any real income.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My Bank (local credit union) asked me to mystery shop for them.  I would have gotten $15 or $20 per shop, and it was easy stuff, like "make a deposit with a teller" or "ask what the rate is for a car loan".  I filled out all the paperwork to do it, and thought I would have time on mat leave to do it...uuuhhhh let's just say, I never ended up doing it.  Was a little busy with the baby!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"