Houston Babies
Options

crib bumpers?

Reading about SIDS has made me start to think. What would everyone recommend? Should I remove her bumper, keep it on OR buy one of those breathable bumpers.

Re: crib bumpers?

• Options
    I left Aidan's in until he started using it as a foot hold for climbing.
  • Options
    I have Tyler's in his crib for now.  Like Karey, I will remove it when he starts to stand on it.  (which I'm afraid won't be much longer because he's pulling up on everything these days :(  )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKarey08:
    I left Aidan's in until he started using it as a foot hold for climbing.

This is what we are planning to do as well.

• Options
    I originally took DD's out all together but then we started having problems with her sticking her arms and legs through the crib so I ended up getting the breathable ones and love them! They are really nice and I can rest easy. They are very thin so if she tries put her feet on them they just collapse, so I know that I can leave them on for a while and not have to worry about her trying to use them to try to climb out.
  • Options
    I took mine out one night and DS kept bonking his head and waking up.  I put them back in the next night!  I just keep an eye on him - but sometimes he does like to snuggle with them!
  • Options

imagefay07:
    I originally took DD's out all together but then we started having problems with her sticking her arms and legs through the crib so I ended up getting the breathable ones and love them! They are really nice and I can rest easy. They are very thin so if she tries put her feet on them they just collapse, so I know that I can leave them on for a while and not have to worry about her trying to use them to try to climb out.

I too use the breathable bumpers with my twins since day one.  I feel more comfortable using these since they always like to push their face up against it.  My son does the same...tries to climb using it but it just collapses when he puts his foot on top of it.

• Options
    I never took mine out with either kiddo.  They were in from day one and stayed in until I transitioned out of the crib.
  • Options

imagehoustonkdw:
    I never took mine out with either kiddo.  They were in from day one and stayed in until I transitioned out of the crib.

ditto.

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options

I've never taken it out. A couple of mornings I've walked in and found DD sitting quietly in her crib, un-tying the ties. She's very proud of herself when she gets them off. Keeps her busy ... a built-in toy!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"