Adoption
Options

Its her birthday...here is her birthstory!

I jsut read it to her and thought some of yuo might enjoy it...

Jennifer Lynn

We spent all day Saturday cleaning out and reorganizing the closet in your room, Daddy got rid of a lot of clothes. I had tried so many times before to get him to do that but never had such luck. He was wrapped around your finger before you were even born!

We planned a date night and I had done research on a fancy schmancy restaurant and made us reservations. At 5pm I called Melody and she answered on the first ring, she was just about to call me. Her contractions were 5 minutes apart she was just waiting for her roommate to come pick her up. She told me to wait for her to call. YEA RIGHT so not your mommy! We drove Daisy over to Coco and Papas and hit the road to Sacramento. Coco followed us.

We got there by 8:15 and Melody was in the back room getting checked out. She was only 2cm so they sent her home. Since it was so late and I was supposed to take her to a doctors appointment on Monday we stayed at the hotel on campus.  We got room service that was almost as much as our fancy night would have been.

In the morning I called Auntie and was talking to her about how to convince the doctors to induce?I was so ready to meet you! And Melody called on the other line?10:30a.m?a Sunday?her water had broken. Our baby was on the way. We quickly gathered a few things and headed out. We arrived right at the same time as Melody and I grabbed her bags and Coco wheeled her into the hospital. She was covering herself in a towel and was so worried about looking like she peed her pants!

I went back with her and they checked on you. The first time I heard your heartbeat and I cried. Wow Melody was already 6cm?we were getting close.  Both of your mommies got the special braclets that let the world know who was allowed to take care of you. Melody made sure to let everybody know that I was going to be this little girls mommy.

We wheeled her past Coco and Daddy and told that you would be arriving soon. He looked like a deer in headlights and Coco was wide eyed.

Lisa was our nurse and we both really liked her. When Melody explained that I was the adoptive Mom they thought I was her Mom?uh oh. But that gave us a few good laughs. Once she got her epidural things calmed down and we had some girl talk and some woman to woman..mom to mom talks. It was wonderful and a few hours in my life I will never forget. 

So many of the nurses and doctors thought Melody and I were related or at least old friends. Somehow in a months time I think we became both?we are both grateful to you for bringing us together little one.

I went out to see Daddy and saw Grandma had arrived. We ran down to the cafeteria to get a quick bite since I hadn?t seen him all day. When I got back they thought you were still a few hours left..but not Melody, she knew you were ready to say ?hello?! I ran out and told your grandmas and Daddy that it was time. I looked at your Daddy in the eyes and knew that this was the last time he would be just my husband, next time I saw him he would be the father to my child.

It was time to push and I was Melodys coach. I helped her to sit up and helped with the counting. I don?t think I remembered to breathe for those 20 minutes. At 4:38 that head full of dark hair popped out and suddenly Jennifer was here. I got to cut the cord and was the first to hold you. I was so scared?They took you behind the curtains and Daddy came in to see you. He was grinning ear to ear. You were his princess from that moment on. I have never seen a man fall in love so hard or so fast. We asked Lisa to see if Melody was ready for you. I carried you to her and placed you in her arms. Your mother held my daughter and we both knew it. Don?t you ever forget that baby, she loved you enough to know that. And somewhere along the way she started to love me too.

She handed you back to me and I handed you to your Daddy. Both of us truly enjoyed being privy to that moment between father and daughter. Especially since he had guessed that you would be born that day and you know how he loved to be right. Melody invited grandma and Coco in the room and truly enjoyed seeing Coco and number 16 meet and grandma and number 1, we all did.

Daddy and I went to go call all of your Aunties and Uncles and cousins?everybody was so glad to hear that a girl, our Jennifer Lynn had arrived safely and with a full head of hair!

The Grandmas went on a mission to find Melody some Carls Jr?over an hour later they returned with her burger and shake. Silly ladies there was one just a few minutes away!

Soon after that everybody left us girls to ourselves?you me and Melody. I thought about sleeping on a crazy pull-out chair bed but every time you made a peep I had to check on you. I didn?t sleep that night. I held you in my arms and just stared at you. It was a long night but I cherish every moment of it.

Daddy came to see us early the next morning, he said he missed his girls so much. I doubt he slept much that night either.  But we were both so happy just to hold you and to watch each other hold you.  The three of us just hung out with you and laughed and joked together. Us enjoying being your parents and Melody enjoying the family she had built. What a fun morning!

The nurses and doctors kept coming in to check on you and make sure you were still looking healthy and you always were! The head peditrition at the hospital came in special for us (I think she heard what great mommies you had) and she was wonderful. She shared with me that she has 3 adopted children and was very helpful and supportive.

Coco and grandma came back to see us all and brought Melody a ton of gifts to tell her how very thankful they are to her for allowing us to be your Mommy and Daddy. Then they took turns holding you as you slept so peacefully and sweetly. Oh how you had them all fooled!

As it got later in the afternoon I started worrying more about leaving Melody. Not only did she give me our heart but she also was my friend. She was in a difficult spot at this time in her life and she loved you enough to know that she couldn?t provide you with all the things she wanted you to have. I think she wished that we could take both of you home with us. And part of me wished the same. She is strong and loving and truly one of your mommies heros.

Eventually I sent both the grandmas packing so we could spend the last few hours in the hospital as our new and unique family. I sat with Melody and told her in the best way I knew how, how thankful we are and how very much we care for her also. She was so strong as I just sat there and cried and told her how much I did not want to leave her. Daddy chimed in and reminded us that this wasn?t goodbye but see ya later. We will see her soon for our half birthday visit.

Then it was time to go ? Daddy loaded you up and Melodies friend arrived to pick her up. We grabbed all of our things and walked out together. I was so scared then?of so many things?But when we got to the cars I gave Melody a big long hug and cried. She hugged your daddy then bent over to say goodbye to you. She tapped your belly and tickled your toes and just said Goodbye Jennifer. But in that moment she said so much more to you. She said she loved you and had so many dreams/hopes for you. She said I am sorry and your welcome and most importantly she said this isn?t goodbye but see ya later.

We walked to the car and put you in. Daddy got behind the wheel and I got in next to you. I looked at him and said ?Let?s go home Daddy?. It was the first time I let myself say it?it felt wonderful!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Its her birthday...here is her birthstory!

• Options
    What a wonderful story!  Thanks for sharing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm crying!  That was beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the beautiful story and the good cry!  I hope we all have a similar exerience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I remember reading it right after you brought her home and I don't think I have it in me to read it again.  I was heaving sobs last time and I need to keep it together today ;)

She is an amazing girl with an amazing story!

• Options

uh oh... must...fight...back...tears....

thank you for sharing your daughter's beautiful birth story!!

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options
    bawling...that is so sweet!!!  Congrats and happy birthday to your little one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I can't believe it's been 2 years already! I remember when I first got to see her, at Sonoma Chicken Coop, I think - she's such a cutie!

Happy birthday JLK!!!

• Options
    Great story....it made me cry. Our oldest three were adopted from foster care so we don't have a happy story. I'm glad that yours was!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    I am crying at work...not good. I love your DD's story. I wish we had a similiar story. We have or own and I nee to get to writing it all down together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"