TTC after 35
Options

Hello! Please tell me I'm okay.

Hi!  I know that I shouldn't be stressing yet. That's what the rational part of me says, but not stressing is really hard. I would appreciate any advice.

My last BC pill was September 5 and I had a normal menstrual cycle that began on 9/9 and ended on 9/14. I have not had AF since. I was on BC for 3 1/2 years. I read (online) that it can take up to 6 months! for AF to come back! Is there anyone who has experienced anything like this? This is honestly the first time that I have ever wished for AF to arrive just so I know that we can move on. Thank you!

I give up on trying to create a ticker!! My due date is November 17th.

Re: Hello! Please tell me I'm okay.

• Options

6 months or longer...ttc and charting can be difficult i nthe first months after BCPs..didn't happen to me but I know that it does.

hang in there

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    It took me from the end of Oct 08 till March to get a period after BCP....  Then I regulated a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have any problems when I went off the pill.  My cycle went right back to normal...well, it was a bit heavier but I didn't miss any cycles.  Not sure what the norm is.  Have you discussed it with your OB?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have any issues, but my BF got ku'd her first month off and never had a period off the pill.
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

I was on BCP for 17 1/2 years straight - no break.  And AF came on time the next month but then it was sometimes 40 day cycles and it did take about take about 6 months until I was on regular 28-30 day cycles. 

I also have a friend who got KU the first month off BCP - twice - in her mid 30s.  

• Options
    Uh...have you tested?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Options
    I assume you have POAS?  If so, and it was negative, I would give it another week or so, test again, if still negative, call your dr.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keep us posted!! Did you test yet?
  • Options

I had a blood test on October 10, which was negative and I POAS yesterday morning and it was negative. That's why I posted yesterday I guess. If I knew I was going to have these issues, I would have stopped BCP earlier than I did. Thanks for everyone's responses. I had my annual in September and the doc knows I stopped BCP but I haven't called her to tell her that AF hasn't started yet. I will give it a month or so more and then talk to my doc. Thanks again!

I give up on trying to create a ticker!! My due date is November 17th.
  • Options

The hormones that go through your body on BCP can mess you up for a bit when you go off them.

Do you have normal length cycles when not on BCP?  I ask because when am off BCP my periods are generally all over the place but on it they are right on time each month.

If I calculated correctly it's been close to 50 days since the 1st day of your last cycle, right?  I would probably call the Dr...not sure that they could/woud do anything but tell you to wait until AF arrives but they might.  I know some people have been given Provera to jumpstart their period.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"