Multiples

XP: Twin heartrate question

I posted this on SAIF as well, but thought you ladies might be more helpful...

I got the H1N1 vaccine today and since I was at the OB, I asked and I also got to have a sneak listen on the doppler at heartbeats... they're both in the 140's (down from last week when they were both in the 150's). I know the rate is normal, but I'm kinda worried about the right-sided baby - heartrate was always in the 170's until last week when it dropped to the 150's and now a week later its in the 140's. And both times, there was little to no movement, while the left one was super active... should I worry about this? Both appointments were around the same time of day. FYI I'm 17 weeks today with twins and the left baby HR has always been in the 150's. TIA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Twin heartrate question

• The first time I heard heartbeats it was high (170s) around week 12. Since then, they have both been around 140s unless they've been really active then it jumps up to 150s. I wouldn't be worried! Their heartbeats aren't consistently the same number, it varies depending if they are awake or asleep or kicking the crap out of your ribs. Also, movement depends on how they are positioned, and they roll around alot!
  • i believe they are faster earlier on and slow down a little bit... also- when i was hooked up to the monitors in the hospital with Griffin, for days at a time- his HR would change from low to high all the time... it's never constant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine have ranged from 145-160, and my OB says it depends if they're awake and moving or sleeping when you do the doppler. He's fine with anything in the 120-180 range.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually just talked to my doctor about the same concern today. My twins are at 35 weeks and 3 days, and just recently I've noticed their heart rates have averaged in the thirties instead of the forties. (I'm in the hospital, so they're monitored a couple times every day.)

The doc said this was perfectly normal. Apparently the heartbeat averages slow down as the babies get bigger.

Hope that helps! Good luck to you and the little ones.

• I think the dr. told us the rates are higher in the beginning.  Ours varied a bit at each u/s.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• As long as your dr. isn't concerned about the rates, I'd try not to be (as hard as it is not to worry). My babies HBs have been all over the board (I go twice a week now for BPPs) and they've always said they were "within range" even though they may have varied a lot from one appt. to the next.

GL 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"