Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TLC: Obese and Pregnant anyone else watching?

Just this morning I was saying I should lose weight but have been lacking motivation. Now I am motivated.

This is such an interesting show and I can see how much these women want to have babies but their weight is really making it harder.

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: TLC: Obese and Pregnant anyone else watching?

• Options
    I was just catching up with the Biggest Loser on the DVR, but I switched over to see the show - never even heard of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options
    The only one I've watched the woman snuck out of the hospital (on bedrest due to high cholesterol and not being able to breath due to weight on her chest) to get fast food...I was done after that. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageL&R70707:
    The only one I've watched the woman snuck out of the hospital (on bedrest due to high cholesterol and not being able to breath due to weight on her chest) to get fast food...I was done after that. 

Indifferent Wow.  I can't imagine fast food being more important than the health of a baby...

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

imageL&R70707:

Wow. So you are on bedrest due to weight and you leave to go get fast food. That is showing a real motivation for change and self concern.  

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH made me turn it off. I did however watch "I didn't know I was having twins" oh and did you know that eating alot of yams (including the skin) can increase your chance of releasing two eggs, and thefore having twins?
  • Options
    I had never seen any of these episodes before tonight. Wow sneaking out for fast food, thats sad.

Took a LONG Break
  • Options
    I was watching it. One woman was talking about how hard it is being that large and having diabetes while being pregnant and was pulling into a McDonalds as she said it. HELLO!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

imagesilly123:
    DH made me turn it off. I did however watch "I didn't know I was having twins" oh and did you know that eating alot of yams (including the skin) can increase your chance of releasing two eggs, and thefore having twins?

Time to put on my medical anthropologist hat:

You have to make sure they are yams & not sweet potatoes.  Also, there are only specific varieties of yams that seem to do this.  The Igbo, Yoruba & Akan in West Africa have the highest incidence of twins in the world & their traditional diet is very yam heavy.  It'll be interesting to see what Western diets do to this.   The yams they eat contain very high amounts of what are called phytoestrogens, which can hyperstimulate the ovaries.

~*~ the more you know ~*~

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PS: As an obese woman, yes, we are @ a higher risk for complications in pregnancy.  However, shows like this tick me off because not all of us eat McDonalds every day & are severely diabetic. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesilly123:

I watched both... DH came home 3/4 way through the obese and pg one and wanted me to turn it off.

Interesting about the sweet potatoes which is what I think they mean when they say yams.

Took a LONG Break
  • Options
    imageAnasara:

imagesilly123:

You have to make sure they are yams & not sweet potatoes.  Also, there are only specific varieties of yams that seem to do this.  The Igbo, Yoruba & Akan in West Africa have the highest incidence of twins in the world & their traditional diet is very yam heavy.  It'll be interesting to see what Western diets do to this.   The yams they eat contain very high amounts of what are called phytoestrogens, which can hyperstimulate the ovaries.

Literally just saw the shooting star and the black screen NBC flash over after you said that lol

• Options
    imageAnasara:

imagesilly123:

Thank you Anasara, I should have read your post before I posted my 2 cents. I totally agree! I am plant biologists and I know most people interchange yams and sweet potatoes but they aren't the same.

So they really mean actual yams Not Sweet potatoes?

Also, I did feel like this show made it seem like all people that are overweight and have diabetes eat McD's so cliche and NOT true!

Took a LONG Break
  • Options

imageAnasara:
    PS: As an obese woman, yes, we are @ a higher risk for complications in pregnancy.  However, shows like this tick me off because not all of us eat McDonalds every day & are severely diabetic. 

I understand what youre saying. I have several family members that are overweight- not quite obese- and they really do watch what they eat. I think its very ignorant to believe that ALL overweight people got that way by eating McDonalds and other fast food. Some yes, all no.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagexochrissytinaox:
    imageAnasara:

imagesilly123:

Literally just saw the shooting star and the black screen NBC flash over after you said that lol

Agreed, that was awesome! lol

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageAnasara:

imagesilly123:

Ugh I hope my FI does not learn this.  He thinks it would be great to have 1 boy and 1 girl at once and get it all done with.....lets see him do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"