South Florida Babies

Cafe con leche please...

Me: Cafe con leche with 2 pastelitos de carne, and 2 empanadas de pollo Cashier: Is everything for you? Me: *With a confused look on my face thinking why would i order all that for someone else*. "Yes for me" Cashier: The cafe con leche decaffinated right (looks at my belly)? Me: No with everything (looks at her with a face). Why must people assume just because im pregnant i cant have coffee? And i think she just called me fat... I know what I can and can not have. Give me my cafe con leche with EVERYTHING! Grr. Just needed to vent!

Re: Cafe con leche please...

• LMAO last time I was pregnant, we went to Longhorn steakhouse because I wanted ribs sooo badly.  The waiter came and took my order "full rack of ribs and a sweet potato with a cesar side salad."  The waiter then just wlaked away!!  We tried to get his attention, but he never came back to our table!!  30 min later, he brought my food out.  DH and I stared at him and I said "uh... you never took HIS order."  He looked confused and just stared at me and said "Oh, I just assumed you were sharing this with him."  WHAT???  I was soooooooooooooooo pissed.  I told him I wanted to speak with the manager and the manager felt so bad, he gave us the whole meal for free.  I was like 7 1/2 mnths pregnant, so big I couldn't even sit at a booth, and the damn server decides that I shouldn't eat a whole rack by myself?  perhaps i was going to take it home for later?? Or maybe we WERE going to share, but he still should've asked DH if he wanted anything else.  I wrote a letter to the corporate office and the sent me a $60 gift certificate LOL  We totally went back there... free food and I was pregnant!  lol
  • LMAO @ both stories. People are idiots but they do make for some interest bumpie posts!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW!  People are dumb arses!!  Kudos on getting a free meal :0)
  • Ditto on the Cafe con Leche and pastelitos, me and baby Ben have really been craving these + toast (cuban style with ALL the butter) :)
  • imagechristysec:
    Ditto on the Cafe con Leche and pastelitos, me and baby Ben have really been craving these + toast (cuban style with ALL the butter) :)

thanks a bunch lol  now i want that!!!

• OMG!!! This happened to me this morning at Dunkin Donuts, I just asked for a cup of regular coffee with cream and sugar and the girl at the register asks..." Decaf right?" Ugh! Why is it that people think pregnant women can't have caffeine? It's just one cup! Blah I get so annoyed!
  • I stayed away from caffeine until my last trimester (when I just couldn't anymore!) and then I had a cafe con leche EVERY night before bed. Ay que rico!!!!!!!!!!

People are silly but I'm glad they are because those stories are GREAT!

• Caffine is my weakness. Thats the only thing ive been craving for this whole pregnancy...coke and coffee. Though Ive been really good with not having coffee, ive been really bad with coke / fanta / materva / sprite (even though i hated it before pregnancy...sprite that is). I have coke everyday if not its every other day. I sometimes tell my SO to go to the market and get me a bottle of coke before he gets home at 11:30 at night. Ive read everywhere that caffine is ok in moderation and that not to exceed 200mg of it a day. I think i havent. I dont know how much caffine is in 1 cup of coke but its just soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

• imageMrsHappyinMiami:

Caffine is my weakness. Thats the only thing ive been craving for this whole pregnancy...coke and coffee. Though Ive been really good with not having coffee, ive been really bad with coke / fanta / materva / sprite (even though i hated it before pregnancy...sprite that is). I have coke everyday if not its every other day. I sometimes tell my SO to go to the market and get me a bottle of coke before he gets home at 11:30 at night. Ive read everywhere that caffine is ok in moderation and that not to exceed 200mg of it a day. I think i havent. I dont know how much caffine is in 1 cup of coke but its just soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

1 can of Diet Coke has 35 mg of Caffeine

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"