South Florida Babies
Options

Kinda TMI Question

Okay, so my AF is usually no more than 3 days. I am now going on day 6 of this AF and its light now but I am so confused! Its never been this long....well hardly ever.

However, can things you and your DH (hint, hint) do make your period longer? Like....say you go on vacation and play lots of "tennis" (like every day, sometimes more than once a day, up until the day AF arrives) and then get your AF - can that make it longer???

I am all W T F? I want it to go away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kinda TMI Question

• Options
    lol!!! i have no answers mel but seriously you made me laugh today at work. im glad you had a GREAT vacation :)
  • Options
    imageMellyMelB:

Okay, so my AF is usually no more than 3 days. I am now going on day 6 of this AF and its light now but I am so confused! Its never been this long....well hardly ever.

However, can things you and your DH (hint, hint) do make your period longer? Like....say you go on vacation and play lots of "tennis" (like every day, sometimes more than once a day, up until the day AF arrives) and then get your AF - can that make it longer???

I am all W T F? I want it to go away.

LMAO @ tennis...

were you on time with this AF?  Or were you early/late with it?  If it wasn't "on time," it could just be your body just adjusting itself... it could be a few things, but it depends on if you AF came when it normally does, you know?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i hope AF goes away soon!! like now!
  • Options
    oh yeah, and WTF... you seriously played tenning like 2x a day while on vacation???  That's amazing!!!!!
  • Options

Oh, and btw, I think the title of this post should have a big ol' "AW" in front of it :-D

• Options
    I know that too much tennis can sometimes cause spotting, especially if its close to the time when you get AF.  Maybe you had some spotting, could have been heavy, before AF then AF which is why it seems like its longer.  That has happened to me before - the couple days of spotting then AF which makes it seem never ending!!!!!!
    image image

• Options

LMAO! I am blushing like crazy over here. Yes, an adult only vacation - our first without the child - was a total success in every way. *wink* It was like a second honeymoon that seriously continued on after we got home and I highly recommend one to ALL of you.

That being said........ Jenny! You are on to something. It was like 4 days late. Does that make it last longer???

• Options
    take a pg test - you never know!
    image image

• Options

imageMrsLeanna:

I did when I was late and got 2 negatives. Then I got AF. Its almost over but its been a super strange one. Very unusual for me.

• Options
    imageMellyMelB:

imageMrsLeanna:

I did when I was late and got 2 negatives. Then I got AF. Its almost over but its been a super strange one. Very unusual for me.

not to get your hopes up, but i agree with leanna.  sometimes you can get a bfn even if you're 1 day late...  was your AF normal when you got it?  Or has it been light the entire time?

• Options

I'm still laughing at "playing tennis" LOL

but....I would definitely POAS just in case.

• Options

OMG! I wish I had the stamina to play that much tennis!!! LMAO!!!!!

I also agree about taking a preg test... but sometimes for me if it's late it can last a little longer so you never know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options

Take another one.

Buuut - it could be other factors also messing you up.  The traveling, drinking, lots of tennis, etc  Or just your body have a wacky month.  If you still get a BFN and next month is back to normal than no worries, but if its still a bit weird then call your dr.

image image

• Options

no advice but you definitely get this from me: Yes

:)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You had a D&C recently, right? that is what is causing your period to be longer most likely. Nothing to worry about unless you think you are bleeding way more than you should.

My first round of Clomid I had the most crazy period ever, I thought it would never end but it eventually did.

• Options
    imageVandRicky:

You had a D&C recently, right? that is what is causing your period to be longer most likely.

This was my 4th cycle since the D&C. The longest of all of them but the least crampy. They had been downright painful!

• Options
    Wow, I feel both old and boring! DH and I haven't played tennis twice a day since the first year we were dating, which was 10 years ago....LOL!
  • Options

imageANJ410:
    Wow, I feel both old and boring! DH and I haven't played tennis twice a day since the first year we were dating, which was 10 years ago....LOL!

ok, i read this post to DH (he wanted to know why I was laughing) and he says:

"pssh... I wish.  Lucky guy."  LOL

So I said "oh yeah?  Guess you'll be playing tennis by yourself for awhile now."  :-D 

• Options

I need to vacation wherever you went girl!

And I'd NEVER read this post to dh. Wouldn't want him to get any ideas about playing that much tennis! LOL!!!!!!

Hope your never ending period finds an end!

• Options
    imagebritishbride05:

imageANJ410:

ok, i read this post to DH (he wanted to know why I was laughing) and he says:

"pssh... I wish.  Lucky guy."  LOL

So I said "oh yeah?  Guess you'll be playing tennis by yourself for awhile now."  :-D 

LMFAO!!!!!

• Options
    Not to bring up the topic, but after my losses it took about 5 cycles to get back to what was 'normal' for me.  However after the last loss, 3 cycles later we conceived Spencer; with that said, just go with the flow...all of those tennis 'balls' could have shocked AF!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options

imageGenaAndJosh:
    , just go with the flow...all of those tennis 'balls' could have shocked AF!

heehee "go with the flow"

• Options
    HILARIOUS!!  I'm glad you had soo much fun on  vacation!  That has happened to me in the past too after playing lots of "tennis". 
  • Options
    LOL you are too funny Mel! It is always a possibility to bleed some after the deed but it sounds like this is just a "long" period. Your cycle can be "irregular" for the first few months after the procedure you had done. If it continues to be this way though I would let your doc know. It is not likely you are pregnant since you had a full out period but you can always recheck a pregnancy test just to make sure.  Oh, and I am soglad to hear you had a good time! :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I need to go on vacation! DH has been playing singles on the tennis court since Mr. Buddy was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"