Special Needs
Options

Cause & Effect Toys

Need suggestions or ideas for cause & effect toys (without flashing lights and/or musical sounds) to use in the car or at a restaurant for my 2yrs old son. 

TIA!

Re: Cause & Effect Toys

• Options

Does he have a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis?  Where is he developmentally?  This is a tough question without that info, but I love the gumball machine (put balls in top, pull a lever and ball comes bottom), usually have to look for it at a second hand store or such, but a great toy.

Another thing that all kids seem to love, regardless of age:  mardi gras beads (buy at any party store, but you have to be there to supervise child...you can get a sunflower seeds jar that has a screw top lid...put it through the dishwasher after seeds are out, and have child work on screwing and unscrewing lid, and putting beads in and taking them out.  They work on bilateral hand use, hand eye coordination, cause and effect by putting in and taking out, and gross motor trunk stability by having to keep stable to complete the activity. 

Plus there is always a shape sorter.

(I work in EI, and use these activities for children from 9-10 months all the way through age 3 and they ALL love it).  Just watch for mouthing on the beads...probably a better restaurant activity than car activity due to supervision.  Nice and quiet:)

Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Options
    Thx Umbcpt.....for now my son was diagnosed in February of PDD NOS. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"