North Carolina Babies
Options

Mini Christmas Poll:

Ok I know it is early but I want to know what everyone else is doing since this is Jocelyn's first Christmas:

Are you buying DC presents?

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)?

Will you decorate and put up a tree?

Do you put lights on your house?

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mini Christmas Poll:

• Options

Are you buying DC presents? Yes, just a few things since my parents have gone overboard.

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? I bought about 5 things and spend around $100.

Will you decorate and put up a tree? Yes

Do you put lights on your house? Undecided

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave? Undecided, I am torn because we will be at my parents, but I don't want to drag her gifts there.
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents? Yes! My mom has already bought her like 10 things, so I'm trying to buy more practical stuff, but I will get her a few fun things too.

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? I don't have a set budget (probably should), but I don't think I'll spend more than $100-150 on her. And I'll only spend that much if I get her an outdoor slide/playset like I'm planning.

Will you decorate and put up a tree? Yes! And for now my plan is not to gate it off, but just to teach her not to mess with it. I give you all permission to laugh at me when I post pictures of the tree toppled over on top of Maddie.

Do you put lights on your house? We probably will put a few on the bushes.

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave? This is the last Christmas we won't be at home on Christmas morning, so this year we'll just open them at my parent's house. Next year and every year after that we'll be at home on Christmas morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents? yes

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? maybe 1 or 2, I know he will get plenty elsewhere but I want him to have gifts under the tree and open with us

Will you decorate and put up a tree? yes

Do you put lights on your house? only on the porch

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave? We have decided to go OOT the weekend before and then the weekend after and spend Christmas Eve and morning at home.  We have never had Christmas at home, but even though he won't remember this year it is really important to me to start our own traditions and to kind of lay down the law for our family.  If we come with him this year they will always expect us to do the same.  So yes, we will open gifts as a family on Christmas Eve at home and then Santa will have been to our house when he wakes up on Christmas morning. (this was how it was for me growing up)

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents?  Yes

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)?  No set number but will spend probably $150-200, only because I really want to get her an easel or table an chairs in addition to some smaller items

Will you decorate and put up a tree?  Definitely.  And we're also not gating it -- we'll see how that goes.

Do you put lights on your house?  I'd like to but it really depends if DH will get his butt ou there to do it.

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?   We were planning to be but with DD#2 arriving, plans changed.  If we were to be, I'd open some at home and save some for under the tree.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents? We've already gotten everything from consignment sales, except for maybe a couple of stocking stuffers. I figure the grandparents will go nuts enough, so we didn't spend much.

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? I think I spent less than $40

Will you decorate and put up a tree? Yep!!! I can't wait to decorate this year (even though keeping Holly away from that tree will be something!)

Do you put lights on your house? No, just on the tree

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?We've worked out our holiday travel so that just the 3 of us are at home on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning to do our own thing. We plan to make this a tradition. My mom will be pissed, but I'm putting my foot down.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Are you buying DC presents?   Yes - he only has one "first Christmas"!

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)?  Not sure yet. Probably a few toys he will need/use over the next few months - around $100. Since he will only be 7 months at Christmas and won't really know the difference, we're thinking about asking family to give him money we can put towards a nice playground set or something similar instead of a bunch of gifts. They can always wrap up an empty box, and he'll have just as much fun with that and the paper!

Will you decorate and put up a tree?  Definitely.  We aren't planning to gate it this year either. Even though he may be crawling by then, hopefully we can keep him away from the low branches.

Do you put lights on your house?  We usually just do wreaths on the windows and a spotlight. We did recently plant a couple of those bushes/trees that are shaped like Christmas trees, so I may see if I can convince DH to put white Christmas lights on those.

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?   Our family lives within an hour away, so even when we travel we aren't too far from home. We haven't started the fun process of sorting out where we are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, but regardless, we will open our presents with Jack at home. I want to start that tradition now.

• Options

Are you buying DC presents?  Yes. 

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)?  So far I have 3 things (toys).  I may get her some books and clothes.  But no more toys, maybe just a couple small toys.  I am sure everyone else will be getting her toys.  I have gotten everything from consignment, so I have only spent $55.

Will you decorate and put up a tree?  Yes!  Of course!!

Do you put lights on your house?  Yes.  Icicle lights and we will decorate a tree with lights we just planted outside.

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?  We aren't doing Christmas out of town anymore, now that we have Allie.  It is important to me to be at our house.  People can come to us on Christmas.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents? yes but i have no idea what i will get yet, i know mil has already gotten him a bunch of clothes and stuff

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)?  not sure since i'm out of work, so maybe $50 max. 

Will you decorate and put up a tree?  yes

Do you put lights on your house? probably not bc we would need a ladder and we don't have one lol.  and we have no trees to put lights in outside (that really blows btw)

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave?  no, we would just bring them with us and maybe open a few privately before we joined everyone else.
  • Options

Are you buying DC presents? How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? Probably just a couple things...I know the grandparents are going to buy a bunch of stuff and I'd rather wait till afterwards to figure out what all she would still need.

Will you decorate and put up a tree? Most likely not, our cat will eat it

Do you put lights on your house? we hang a couple wreaths but that's about it. Condo living isn't always too conducive to decorating.

We will be in Ohio and PA for Christmas so most likely we will open presents while we're at my Dad's Christmas day.

• Options

Are you buying DC presents? yes, but they'll be very practical presents since she has no clue what's going on.  i'll probably buy a few toys too though.

How many do you plan to buy (or spend)? no more than $40 or $50

Will you decorate and put up a tree? definitely

Do you put lights on your house? we normally just put them on our porch, but i might put them on the bushes too.

*Bonus Question* -If you are going to be out of town for Christmas, will you open gifts as a family at your house before you leave? DH and I have always opened our own presents at home b/f we travel.  I cannot wait to do Christmas at our own house one day.  We are traveling this year and probably next year, but the year after that, we'll definitely be at our own house on C-mas day.  The traveling is starting to wear on me and I think I'll feel even stronger about that after this year (traveling with a baby!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"