South Florida Babies

red tiny dots under eyes and cheek?

gm! 

i've tried to google this and decided to stop because the results were pretty scary to read and i don't want to build a mountain out of a mole hill.

anyways, the situation is this...on saturday mady had her 18 mth physical. while at the drs office i noticed small tiny red dots under the surface of her skin, maybe like 5 of them and they were scattered on her cheek. they're not raised bumps or anything. i asked the dr and she said "it looks like she made contact with something, it should go away".

last night i noticed she still had the dots and now they also appear under her left eye. to me it looks like blood dots, again they are not raised at all, just underneath the surface of her skin. and not many at all, i just happen to notice it because she's so fair skinned that it's visible to me.

she's not in pain or itchy, should i call the dr and have them see her after hours to clear my head? any experience with this?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: red tiny dots under eyes and cheek?

• i should also point out: no fever, no cold, no new medicines, no new foods, we don't have a pet, and the dots appeared BEFORE she had her influenza shot so i'm not concerned about that at all.
  • If it's making you really nervous, go ahead and call the doc. No need to worry and imagine! Maia gets tiny dots sometimes when she comes in contact with her dad's unshaved face. But they usually go away within an hour, sounds like this has been around longer. She also had allergic reactions to sunscreen. Have you used any new creams/lotions on her or you that might have touched her?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto about the dots being caused by daddy's scratchy face - that happens sometimes to Alexis.  Also has she been straining to poop?  it could be broken blood vessels.  Call the dr if you're worried, but its probably nothing if there are no other symptoms.
    image image

• imageMrsLeanna:
    Ditto about the dots being caused by daddy's scratchy face - that happens sometimes to Alexis.  Also has she been straining to poop?  it could be broken blood vessels.  Call the dr if you're worried, but its probably nothing if there are no other symptoms.

that broken blood vessels is something that i searched, which worried me. she has not been straining but remember she has been using the potty sometimes now and i've been teaching her to push for poop. if its that thats caused it then i feel so bad.

i called the pedi and they made an appt today for her at 4pm, the nurse thinks it could be an allergic reaction but is not concerned b/c no swelling or hives. i may ask for an allergy test today to be completely sure.

thx girls!

• keep us posted :)
    image image

• I have NO idea. But GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oooh, no advice but GL!! definitely ask the pedi if you are worried or if it doesn't go away though!

Zachary has some dots on his face that almost look like acne. I haven't asked the pedi about it (bad mom!!) but he doesn't scratch his face and it doesn't seem to bother him. I think it  might be from either coming into contact with something that he picks up or from the dog because he is always crawling around and picking up dog toys. Usually I watch him like a hawk because he tries to eat the dog toy just like his own toys and I stop him, but once in a while a dog toy makes it to his mouth. LOL. I am going to ask the pedi at his 12 month (omg) appointment though.

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• When in doubt- call the dr!

Let us know!

• thank you girls!

dh took mady to the dr yesterday during work hours (with a list of questions written by me lol).

anyways - leanna and google nailed it on the head with the blood vessels. its exactly what it was. the tiny red dots were appearing from straining, since she is not constipated. mady is still sometimes waking up around 11pm, finding herself alone in her room, cries, and then poops. this is why i started introducing the potty, which has made things better and she is understanding the concept.

this morning the red dots on the cheek are gone. can i just say that kids are weird and google can be either your best friend or your worst enemy? the things that i was researching were sooo scary!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"