Adoption
Options

Like spending time on the Adoption Board?

Like spending time on the boards already? Want to lend a helping hand? We are looking for moderators for The Bump.  

Don?t worry, we?re not trying to change the climate of the boards.  We just want to try and minimize spam and harassment, and respond quickly when you encounter issues with the site.

In order to become a volunteer moderator, you must:

*Be an experienced poster. Nope, you don?t need all the blue squares, but you do need to be a regular poster who spends a few hours on the boards each week.

*Have a strong interest in the Adoption Board.

*Plan to stick around.  We?ll need the volunteers to commit to a few hours a week of reading and posting.

*Be accepting of others beliefs--even when they?re seriously wrong.

Do you fit the bill? If so, answer the questions below and email your replies to community@thebump.com with ADOPTION in the subject line:

1. How long have you been active in community?

2. What board or boards are your favorites? Would you be willing to moderate any of these boards?

3. How often do you visit the boards and about how much time do you spend per visit?

4. Describe how you are already fulfilling a leadership role on your favorite board.

5. What is the best way to handle disagreements on the boards?

6. How would you like to see The Bump respond when there's a problem?

7. In the past, have you stayed neutral during heated discussions?

8. What is your username?

We greatly appreciate each and every application we get, but might not be able to respond to all of them.  If we feel you?ll make a good moderator, we?ll be in touch.

Re: Like spending time on the Adoption Board?

• Options
    I nominate fred Big Smile  She is always open to others and is fair.
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

imageMayDayGirl:
    I nominate fred Big Smile  She is always open to others and is fair.

I 2nd that nomination Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could nominate so many ladies on this board.... like .....Dr. L or Fred...  there are sooooo many that would be great at this!
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

i nominate nobody.  We don't need a mod.  We're a very good and supportive group who does a good job self-regulating.

Thanks for the niceties, guys, but i seriously doubt they'd want me anyway.  And i really don't think it's necessary.

I do agree with this.  I don't really think we need a mod anyway.  

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Side note... If we get a moderator can we also have a sticky post at the top that has frequent websites / books / etc that we constantly post for newbies?
  • Options
    i agree - we don't need any moderators. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"