Detroit Babies

Pool

Hey -

I was wondering if any of you knew of indoor pools at clubs or gyms in the Rochester Hills area.  I am only 7 weeks and already starting to have some back pain when I exercise (obviously I have a really weak back), and was thinking that swimming would be a good way to stay in shape as well as relieve some pressure.

I just have no idea what is in the area, seeing as we just moved!

Re: Pool

• short of joining a gym, your best bet is to check with the local high schools.  They usually have open swim times available and it only costs a couple bucks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I highly recommend water aerobics for your back. My back was so bad I could barely walk. Phyisical therapy didn't do much b/c they didn't want to be aggressive since I was pregnant (no ultrasound, no traction, etc.).

I signed up for water aerobics through Rochester schools, and it literally got me through that last four months of pregnancy. I wish I had started sooner. Many community education programs offer it ... so does the YMCA.

Good luck

• Loading the player...
  • I am looking for classes, too, and came across this today:

Expecting Mom Water Aerobics
    Are you an expecting mom and looking for a safe way to
    exercise? Join this water aerobic class geared just for you.
    Instructor: Klod
    Act# 143056
    Days Dates Time Fee Res Disc
    A T/TH 10/15-11/10 2:30-3:30 pm $55 $50
    B T/TH 11/17-12/15 2:30-3:30 pm $55 $50 

• I'm taking water aerobics @ the local highschool.  Like PP said, look into the community education schedule.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"