South Florida Babies

Mr. Buddy goes to the ER...

DH loves calling LO Mr. Buddy, unfortunately Mr. Buddy had to be taken to Miami's Children last night with a high fever. Of course being a new mom, I was already crying on the way to the hospital and in the frenzy of getting there we parked in the wrong lot and ended up visiting every unit until finally reaching the ER. While DH, my sister and myself tried to hold back our tears, LO was all smiles in spite of a 104 degree fever. Unfortunately that didn't last once they started performing tests on him, thankfully they did not have to perform a spinal to test for meningitis (sp?) We saw the pediatrician today and apparently Mr. Buddy has strep throat. I feel like such a bad mom for not protecting him but I know that things like this happen. Thanks for letting me share.

Jen :)?

Re: Mr. Buddy goes to the ER...

• Poor Baby!! Thats so unusual for such a young baby to have strep throat. My 3 year old was hospitalized earlier this year for an extremely bad case of strep throat requiring some surgery, my baby was 2 months old then, and the doctors told me to not be concerned with him getting the strep, that its very unlikely for children under one to get it! Interesting, though what matters here is that your little guy feels better soon!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you had to go through such a scary ordeal! I hope your little guy feels better really soon!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no! Glad they found the cause of the fever! Hope Mr. Buddy gets better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Poor Mr. Buddy and poor mommy for having to go through all that! It must have been so scary! I am so glad they were able to figure out the problem right away.

Never feel bad for having a sick baby. My baby got bronciolitis at 6 weeks old! It was a nightmare. I felt like I was the only one in the world who allowed their tiny baby to get so sick. The truth is- sometimes we just can't control these things. I am sure you are doing a great job and I am positive you are taking great care of him!!!

• I hope Mr. Buddy is feeling better!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"