Illinois Babies

health insurance

i just found out im prenant and i have no heath insurance and i need to go to the obgyn help what do i do will it coast an arm and a leg to go the the obgyn with out insurance>

Re: health insurance

• Do you have any way to get on a group plan?  They don't consider pregnancy pre-existing like individual plans do.  Otherwise I'm not as familiar about state plans, etc.
  • I would try to get on a group plan or purchase private insurance.  Otherwise it can be pricey.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would look into All Kids. It is for woman in Illinois who do not have insurance. It will help with the pregnancy and the baby.  Look into it, I personally didn't use it but have heard that the people are helpful and nice.
  • If you go to your county health department, you can apply for public aid. They will cover everything. Then you just call up doctors and find one that accepts it. My friend did it with her baby several years ago. She found an amazing OB that worked out of the hospital she wanted to deliver at. It also carries over after labor. She even had a bunch of moles removed because they look pre-cancerous.

I know you may be wary about doing public aid. But, do not do it without insurance. The price will be insane. You want that money for your baby.

• The All Kids program is the best bet.  My husband had it for his daughter prior to us getting married and he said that they cover prenatal costs. 
  • All kids is your best bet if you qualify, There is a great program called moms and babies.  You can get the information and apply for it online at Illinois Department of Public Aid. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"