South Florida Babies
Options

2 year old boy

Its my godsons 2nd bday in 2 weeks and I have no clue what to get him.  We got our nephew all sorts of fisher price sports things for the backyard for his 2nd bday but my friend doesnt have a backyard so that wont work.  Any suggestions?  What do 2 year old boys like?  Help!!!!  Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 year old boy

• Options

I love getting children books- great books for 2 year olds are the Where's Spot books, there's also the "David" books- it's about a little boy who's constantly getting into trouble and they're cute and funny

Mercer Mayer books are great for that age- There's a monster in my closet- it also helps them get over the idea of scary stuff in their room at night

Maurice Sendak- Where the wild Things Are:  this was DH's favorite book growing up, boys LOVE this one!!

If you don't really want to get books, you can always go the Toys R Us gift card route, but you normally wind up spending more on those than on a gift! 

Oh, what about art supplies?  Like his first finger painting kit or easy clean up markers and pads of paper/coloring books?  Play Doy?  Maybe some leggo sets that are suitable for 2 year olds? 

• Options

I'm in the same boat!  My godson turns 2 in a few wks, and I'm at a loss of what to get him.   I'll prob get him a cute outfit, and a toy.  I may ask the mom to see if she wants something specific, otherwise, I'll be walking up and down the TRU aisles for ideas.  LOL

Oh, and my niece turns 5 next week too!  But she already requested her gift - Tinkerbell House.  Now to figure out what that is!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My nephew is 2.5 and just spent an entire week with us last month. Here's what kept him entertained:

- coloring (invest in the Crayola ColorWonders stuff...sure, it's a little more expensive, but the walls, dog, couches and windows will thank you :) LOL)

- dr sets. He's huge into playing dr now, so we got him one of those little toy dr kits.

- Leapster games. He loves them, plus they're educational.

- Books (we did Blue's Clues and Playhouse Disney ones since that's what he's into)

- big trucks to terrorize the dogs with...but maybe that was just at my house LOL!

Hope that helps!

• Options
    Our little guy just turned 2 over a week ago and he LOVES his little tikes electric guitar. He jams out to that thing its too funny to watch. He also like his duplo lego set and his starter thomas the train set.
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  Great ideas, you helped tremendously.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Trucks and cars are by far Nicky's #1 toys.  He also loves trains.

Other favorite toys in our house are: mega blocks, Melissa & Doug wood puzzles, something mess-free to draw or paint with, tools, books, magnets, and videos (Disney movies).

He also likes pajamas of his favorite cartoon characters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"