2nd Trimester
Options

Coke Slurpees

So, this is very random...I've never been a huge soda drinker, but ever since I've gotten pregnant, I crave coke slurpees like there's no tomorrow!!!  I know the rules are to keep caffeine under 200 mg per day...but does anyone know how much caffeine is in a slurpee?  I don't get the biggest one usually, but I don't typically get the smallest one either...

Re: Coke Slurpees

• Options

https://recipecircus.com/recipes/awsum34/RESTAURANT--LINKS/7--Eleven.html

Nutritional Information For a Coke Slurpee: (355mL/12Oz Slurpee)
    Calories: 177
    Carbohydrate: 48g
    Caffeine: 56mg
    Sugar: 34g
    Fat: none

• Options
    I've never been a huge soda drinker either.  In fact, we are mostly organic in our household....that said, my baby craves the supersized Sprite's from McDonalds.  I just ran and got one now.  I feel dumb, but it is SO GOOD!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIrishBrideND:

https://recipecircus.com/recipes/awsum34/RESTAURANT--LINKS/7--Eleven.html

Nutritional Information For a Coke Slurpee: (355mL/12Oz Slurpee)
    Calories: 177
    Carbohydrate: 48g
    Caffeine: 56mg
    Sugar: 34g
    Fat: none

I was thinking to myself, oh thats not that much, but then I noticed its only 12oz.  Is that kid sized or what?  A usual one is at least 24oz right? 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks...now I need one like NOW!!!
  • Options
    The usual one is 24 I think and the second largest is at least 32 - but I am in the same boat as you.  I have craved coke and cherry slurpees lately and so I am better on the caffiene (maybe not so much on the sugar) I mix a little bit of the coke with more cherry - and it seems to hit the spot!  Don't know what it is about them, but man are they tasting sooooo good right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I am getting one! yeah!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh...I am LOL as I read this.  I have always loved Coke Slurpees but since being pregnant I have been drinking WAY too many.  I am in sales and am on the road almost everyday...I pass way to many Sheetz and Wawas...they are soo good.  
  • Options

imageMLMDDL02:
    Oh my gosh...I am LOL as I read this.  I have always loved Coke Slurpees but since being pregnant I have been drinking WAY too many.  I am in sales and am on the road almost everyday...I pass way to many Sheetz and Wawas...they are soo good.  

YES...I am in the same boat.  I am in sales so I drive A LOT during the day...I have purchased waaaay too many slurpees lately.  What kind of sales do you do? 

On the bright side, apparently you can have a 36 oz slurpee and still be under the 200 mg caffeine mark for the day.  Yeah!!!  Now if only they were calorie free, too....le sigh...

• Options

So I actually just did some research (which I probably should've just done in the first place) b/c the caffeine content seemed a little high in the first posted statistics.  Anyway, per the website www.slurpee.com, an 8 oz coke slurpee has only 15 mg of caffeine.  Now, I realize that most people would drink a larger size than this...but the bottom line is you'd have to drink 106.4 ounces of slurpee to hit 200 mg. 

https://slurpee.com/SlurpeeFlavors/Flavors.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"