South Florida Babies
Options

Matthew's sick

I'm freaking out here!  He's got a runny nose, sneezing and is coughing; but no fever.  Pedi's office said to call first thing on Saturday morning (I forgot to ask if I should give him Tylenol).  I'm so scared it's H1N1. 

Re: Matthew's sick

• Options

Don't freak out. Its not only the flue season but the cold season as well and maybe he just has a cold. Both my kids just had a small cold (well Sofia still has a bit of congestion). In our case the Dr told us that unless there was fever to continue treating it with saline solution, the humidifier and I put a bit of something like Vicks but for kids (its from Dominican Rep) on her feet and on her chest. I was able to give Diego other stuff but obviously Sofia is still too little for anything. 

I also gave my daughter a bit of Tylenol (only once at night) but she is 6 months old and I feel ok to give it to her. I wanted her to be able to sleep and rest to allow her body to heal.  I would wait for the dr in the morning and ask then. 

Don't worry and talk to your dr tomorrow I am sure that they will be able to put you at ease.

Barbie 

• Options
    Awww that sucks:( When Abraham was sick I was freaking out too. I gave him tylenol (he didn't have a fever either just coughing and sneezing). It sucks to see them like that though. The only thing you can really do is the vaporizer and Brig gave me an awesome tip, buy VICKS vaporizing bath (it's a green bottle) and put it in his tub when you take him a bath. It really helps them. Hang in there, I know it's tough:(
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try to stay calm! It's no fun seeing our little ones sick. Matthew may simply just have a viral cold and even if it's the flu (there are other types more common than the swine as well) the treatment is essentially the same except a little help from tamiflu if it's flu. If you have any concerns you can always take him to the ER, otherwise, tomorrow is Monday and you can take him to the pedi. ;) Hope he gets better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I took him to the pedi's office yesterday and it's just a cold.  She didn't even bother to give him the rapid flu test.  I asked her if she could just to put me at ease and she did without a problem.  He had a fever and I gave him Tylenol.  Today he is a lot better.

• Options
    So glad that he's doing better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageFutureHernandez:

I took him to the pedi's office yesterday and it's just a cold.  She didn't even bother to give him the rapid flu test.  I asked her if she could just to put me at ease and she did without a problem.  He had a fever and I gave him Tylenol.  Today he is a lot better.

Glad to hear that he is doing better.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"