New Jersey Babies
Options

Oh boy, do we have to share?

Is it wrong not to want to share your baby news with your co-workers? I have no desire to do so and it just so happens that a co-worker in my office is pregnant also and we're due vey close to one another. I have a cordial relationship with her but I do not consider her a friend.Unfortunately, she considers us to be closer than we are. I don't want everything to be baby talk as a matter a fact I don't want to share at all. This is extremly frustrating for me. I consider myself to be a nice friendly person but I am not an audio book. Any suggestions as to how to avoid the conversation about my bump?

Re: Oh boy, do we have to share?

• Options
    I was hoping to get the same suggestions...not about co-workers, but about friends and family.  Some knew DH and I had been TTC, but now that we succeeded, I really don't want to let anyone know until my first scan.  What did you all tell people to not lie about the pregnancy, but also, keep it a little bit of a secret?  (they'll probably all figure anyway when i am not drinking, but I don't want to come out with it yet)
  • Options

Congrats!!!! 

Honestly, I've told a few lies but I dont consider them lies I just didnt feel comfortable telling them about my pregnancy. A friend of a friend notice I wasnt drinking and asked if I was pregnant. I told her I wasnt and just had a long drive home. Of course she will figure out in a few months that I actually was pregnant but I'm not concerned with that. My supervisor asked me if I was pregnant when my co worker told her and I told her no. Its not her concern until im ready to tell her.

You'll find that people think they are obligated to know every step and its personal you only share what you want with who you trust. Even before I was pregnant people felt it was alright to ask me if I'm trying or when I will try but they never stopped to consider that maybe I didnt want to have children. I suggest that you only share what you want to and try not to buckle under pressure because at the end someone will always feel left out for not knowing right away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"