Illinois Babies
Options

Thimerosal-free H1N1 vaccine?

Hi ladies,

I know this question was already posted about the regular flu shot, but has anyone had any luck locating a thimerosal-free H1N1 vaccine in the city or surrounding areas?  This is going to be no easy task, but I wash oping someone out there had been successful!  Thanks!

Re: Thimerosal-free H1N1 vaccine?

• Options
    I didn't realize there was a thimerosal free option!
  • Options
    I talked to my PCP's office (Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group; they have several locations, including one in the Loop) this morning and they said they'll be getting H1N1 vaccines in later this week or early next week...  but they don't know if they'll be thimerosal-free or not.  They seem to be pretty on top of things, though, so I imagine they will be.  They also said they will be prioritizing the vaccines -- pregnant women first.  So if you don't have a doctor in their network to put you on the list, you might have to bring a note/diagnosis from your doctor to prove that you're pg.  You can check their website (www.nmpg.org) for updates.  Good luck -- and post if you find out another source, because I'd like to have a backup plan!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been vaccinated for H1N1 and seasonal flu already.  Considering that the death rate for pregnant women with H1N1 is 28%, I wasn't so concerned about a little mercury.  I probably have more mercury in my fillings than is in the vaccine.
  • Options

ChicNotGeek...

Where did you get the shot?  I'm having trouble finding any place that has ANY version of the shot!

Thanks!

• Options
    My OB/GYN office received the shots on Wednesday.  I'm not sure where you are at, but if you are a DuPage County resident, they are giving the shots by appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I AM a dupage county resident...  tried calling the county health services for their h1n1 clinic, and i can't even get through.  are they only giving them to high-risk people?  they say on their website they're likely to run out.  this is so frustrating!
  • Options

Hey ladies,

I posted this under a previous post, but just wanted to let those of you looking for an H1N1 shot know that I got mine at one of the Chicago Health Department distribution sites (Check here: https://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/health/1839366,CST-NWS-flu22.article for locations and times) and they were NOT turning anyone away!  Definitely NOT checking if you were a Cook County resident or not.  They were giving shots to anyone 6 months of age or older.  Get there early to get out quicker, but it seems that they have plenty of doses!

Also, regarding the past discussion on Thimerosal free shots, I also decided that protecting myself and my baby was most important at this time, and Thimerosal has been proven to not affect baby or mom in any way.  It has been tested for safety in pregnancy.  I feel good about my decision at this point.  I wish I could ask my babe if he/she agrees with my decision, but I just had to go with my gut (and my Dr's recommendations!)

Good luck and go get those shots! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"