Oregon Babies

Trying not to worry about out little guy, maybe TMI

We took Jake in for his 18 month check up, and pretty much everything seemed to be ok, until she checked his little boy parts.  His testicles descended just fine when he was a newborn but now they seem to have ascended back up since his last appointment, or at least she couldn't find them.  We have to take him in for an ultrasound tomorrow so they can see where they are.  I haven't been worrying about it because she said it could be because he was cold or nervous, but during diaper changes the last few days I haven't seen them hanging there either.  If they have ascended he'll have to have surgery, and now I'm starting to freak out a little, everytime I look at him I start to tear up he's just so little and innocent and I can't imagine him having to go through that.  I'm praying nothing is wrong and everytime I change his diaper I keep hoping to see things are back down where they should be.  =(
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trying not to worry about out little guy, maybe TMI

• Not TMI at all, poor guy.  Just keep your chin up and listen to your Dr, I hear this is pretty common for little boys and there are a lot of options to correct this.

Good luck.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will keep you in my T&P. 

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I heard this was a common problem and can sometimes correct itself. We will think good thoughts for you guys :)
  • Thanks everyone.  We had the ultrasound yesterday but because of it being on a Friday and the radiologist not getting to it until the afternoon, we won't find out anything until Monday =(  We've been so lucky so far without any big complications in his health, and I realize that this can happen to about 4% of normal healthy baby boys and it can happen in about 30% of preemies and it can be fixed, but the idea of my baby having any kind surgery is terrifying to me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hang in there hun! Many thoughts and prayers are with you! keep us posted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"