Special Needs
Options

anyone else clean like crazy for therapists visits?

Between my DS and Foster Son we have visitors x3 a week.   I am compelled to sweep, dust, vaccumn, and otherwise motivate the cleanage to a level I normally wouldn't.   Anyone else?

I think it's because my BFF is an EI SLP and she tells me horror stories of dirty/gross houses!

Re: anyone else clean like crazy for therapists visits?

• Options
    I did, but then I realized that most of the houses that they visit are probably a lot worse than mine.  I also realized they only ever go in 1-2 rooms and was mainly on the floor.  I usually go over the top with cleaning and visitors, so I know where you are coming from though.  My compromise is to vacuum the rooms where they are going to be and to quickly clean the  bathroom they would use (sink, mirror and toilet, no floors).  It helps me preserve my sanity since my kids are 3 & 1 and can destroy a room in less than 10 minutes.
  • Options

Sorry had to comment.  I'm an EI PT.  Anyway...we really don't care.  Do you think our houses are pristine?  We only care if we sit in something sticky.  Otherwise clutter, and excess clean is not biggie.  I'm sure they do take note of your excessive cleanliness and appreciate it though!  :)

Give yourself a break, you do enough already!

BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePSU Export:

Sorry had to comment.  I'm an EI PT.  Anyway...we really don't care.  Do you think our houses are pristine?  We only care if we sit in something sticky.  Otherwise clutter, and excess clean is not biggie.  I'm sure they do take note of your excessive cleanliness and appreciate it though!  :)

Give yourself a break, you do enough already!

As an in-home SLP, I wanted to agree and add that I don't even really mind sticky.  Pee and poop is where I draw the line.  Yes, I had to work in a playroom for a while that had poop smeared all over it.  Granted, I felt horrible for the family, having to deal with their DS's poop smearing behaviors, but I hated being in that room. (Loved the kid though).  There are many things WAY above a spotless house on our priority list that we are looking for.  Loving, dedicated, and involved parenting takes the cake.  Seriously, make sure the therapist has a nice pathway to a simple open place to work and try not to worry about it!

• Options

I absolutely LOVE the extra push to keep it picked up and vacuumed. I do make sure there are no funky smells from food/cats/diapers, but otherwise, it's just a GREAT motivation for me to keep it picked up all the time. 

One therapist came on Wed's and it would INEVITABLY be the day we needed to replenish TP and Soap in the bathroom. She was the only one who ever went to our bathroom and I'd ALWAYS forget. LOL She said the next house would be glad to have running water or heat. That made me step back and think!!!! 

I had one set of OT's who would always comment on how excessively clean I was...and I am TOTALLY NOT!!  It made me feel more at ease over what THEY considered CLEAN!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebreezy0629:

I absolutely LOVE the extra push to keep it picked up and vacuumed. I do make sure there are no funky smells from food/cats/diapers, but otherwise, it's just a GREAT motivation for me to keep it picked up all the time. 

One therapist came on Wed's and it would INEVITABLY be the day we needed to replenish TP and Soap in the bathroom. She was the only one who ever went to our bathroom and I'd ALWAYS forget. LOL She said the next house would be glad to have running water or heat. That made me step back and think!!!! 

I had one set of OT's who would always comment on how excessively clean I was...and I am TOTALLY NOT!!  It made me feel more at ease over what THEY considered CLEAN!! 

This! I feel I'm more on top of everything because we have people over every day of the week....and I'd be embarassed, if my house was messy (I know my mother did this to me! :-).

And I know they probably don't care, they're here to work...honestly, I'm really doing it for me. About 5 minutes before they show up, I do a quick pick. My house is small, so if you let it go, it gets really messy and there's clutter everywhere. I don't like clutter, but...on the weekends when therapists don't come...forget it...I can't make myself clean up. So, our house is only clean M-F :-)

• Options
    Ive got the tiny house syndrome too~! No room for clutter, it feels messy when it's clean ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"