2nd Trimester
Options

And, the Hitchhiker is....

A BOY!

That's right ladies, this little heartthrob is already making his presence known. The US tech was like "Whoa. Definitely male." That's right...I build 'em good. Wink

After a fun-filled ultrasound (wherein I discovered I have anterior placenta and the baby is breech...anyone want to fill me in on this or should I just google it and scare the eff out of myself?), SMom, Dad, Bun and I went to a nice lunch, and then SMom and I went to the outlets here in town and bought beaucoup baby clothes. Well, okay...like, less than ten outfits, but wayyyy more than I had...which was nothing. They loved my owl-themed nursery idea, and SMom was feeling really generous, so they got me a boppy body pillow and a new driver's license (mine succumbed to pregnancy brain about 3 weeks ago and I have not been legal since >.<).

Then, I got home and checked my e-mail...and the place I interviewed with yesterday wants me to come in Monday for a second interview!! O_O

All in all, a great day with the folks...but man am I glad they are on their way home. I just want to snuggle up with the Bun, coo over my little boy Hitchhiker, and prep for landin' that awesome job. (Please ladies, keep all the bits you can cross crossed...this would be an amazing opportunity and we need the cash to buy this Hitchhiker some fuel!)

Re: And, the Hitchhiker is....

• Options

Welcome to Team Blue!

Sounds like you had a good day Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally had a great day. :) Soooo tired now though...lol
  • Options
    Congrats!  And whoo hoo to parents buying you things!  I love it when that happens!  Good luck with the job interview
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow.  Sounds like a great day for you.  Congrats and welcome to team blue!  Good luck at your interview on Monday!
  • Options

Hooray for Team Peen!

Congrats :)

• Options

having an anterior placenta is no different than having a posterior placenta (as most women do) you prolly just won't feel him as often because he has to kick/punch through the placenta.

Most babies are breech at that point and will flip a bunch more times before birth so you'll be fine Wink

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    Congrats on your baby boy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenannyannie:

A BOY!

That's right ladies, this little heartthrob is already making his presence known. The US tech was like "Whoa. Definitely male." That's right...I build 'em good. Wink

After a fun-filled ultrasound (wherein I discovered I have anterior placenta and the baby is breech...anyone want to fill me in on this or should I just google it and scare the eff out of myself?), SMom, Dad, Bun and I went to a nice lunch, and then SMom and I went to the outlets here in town and bought beaucoup baby clothes. Well, okay...like, less than ten outfits, but wayyyy more than I had...which was nothing. They loved my owl-themed nursery idea, and SMom was feeling really generous, so they got me a boppy body pillow and a new driver's license (mine succumbed to pregnancy brain about 3 weeks ago and I have not been legal since >.<).

Then, I got home and checked my e-mail...and the place I interviewed with yesterday wants me to come in Monday for a second interview!! O_O

All in all, a great day with the folks...but man am I glad they are on their way home. I just want to snuggle up with the Bun, coo over my little boy Hitchhiker, and prep for landin' that awesome job. (Please ladies, keep all the bits you can cross crossed...this would be an amazing opportunity and we need the cash to buy this Hitchhiker some fuel!)

Congrats on your BOY!! :)

Don't google...an anterior placenta only means that it is in the front of your belly. NORMAL :) Nothing scary there. And baby being breech (head up, butt down) is NORMAL also at this stage. Baby bounces all over in there and can be in any position they want at this far along.  Baby doesn't usually need to be in the head down (cephalic or vertex) position until about a month or so before birth.  It's all good!

• Options
    imageCTri17:

having an anterior placenta is no different than having a posterior placenta (as most women do) you prolly just won't feel him as often because he has to kick/punch through the placenta.

Most babies are breech at that point and will flip a bunch more times before birth so you'll be fine Wink

Sweet. I figured it was nothing to worry about, but it's nice to get the knowledge of the collective bump conciousness. :D

• Options

Welcome to team blue! Now you can have blue hooters instead of "green" LOL Yes

Good luck on your second interview!! :D

• Options

Yay for penises!!!!  I have been waiting for your post all day!!  What a great day... now go relax and celebrate! : )

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTUSBride22:

Yay for penises!!!!  I have been waiting for your post all day!!  What a great day... now go relax and celebrate! : )

:D I totally would..with a nap...if Bun wasn't sprawled out all over the bed like some sort of territorial snoring bear. Grrrr, I wanna break out the boppy!

• Options
    We had our big U/S today, too. She was also breech. That explains the kick locations.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

YAY!!!!!

I'm so glad you got to find out! Hopefully the other stuff will clear up before birth! ?

• Options
    Aw I was way off! Welcome to team blue! :)
  • Options

You ladies and your well wishes make the Hitchhiker and me both feel sooooo good. :) We are a popular pair 'round here, we are guessing. :P

Like mah new ticker?! It's so cool to know what the Hitchhiker is..

Next Mission: Talk the Bun out of Jack, and into Finn / Finnley.

Finnley Jack Morris is a cute little boy name right? Hims could be ze tweetest buntin' out zer, couldn't hims?

Oh yeah, the baby talk is a go.

• Options
    imagenannyannie:

You ladies and your well wishes make the Hitchhiker and me both feel sooooo good. :) We are a popular pair 'round here, we are guessing. :P

Finnley Jack Morris is a cute little boy name right? Hims could be ze tweetest buntin' out zer, couldn't hims?

LOVE the name Finnley!! Talk him into it!!

• Options
    imagerhannan:
    imagenannyannie:

I love Finn, but "Finn Jack" just sounds stupid. So I totally stole Finnley from ShawtyRed. She's not using it anymore, so I claim it, b!tches. :D

• Options
    imagenannyannie:
    imagerhannan:
    imagenannyannie:

I love Finn, but "Finn Jack" just sounds stupid. So I totally stole Finnley from ShawtyRed. She's not using it anymore, so I claim it, b!tches. :D

?

Haha, when we were set on Finley, that was EXACTLY why we didn't pick Finn. Finn Hugh just sounds silly.

Tell Bun to go with Finley Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

• Options
    Congratulations!  What a nice day!! :)
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshortyred919:
    imagenannyannie:

Haha, when we were set on Finley, that was EXACTLY why we didn't pick Finn. Finn Hugh just sounds silly.

Tell Bun to go with Finley Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am trying to. I am afraid he will think Finley sounds too trendy or feminine though. I am gathering baby-namer resources so I can prove to him it's an old name, Celtic, and masculine. If you have any tips, Shawty, I would appreciate them. :D

• Options
    imagenannyannie:
    imageshortyred919:
    imagenannyannie:

?

Tell Bun to go with Finley Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I am trying to. I am afraid he will think Finley sounds too trendy or feminine though. I am gathering baby-namer resources so I can prove to him it's an old name, Celtic, and masculine. If you have any tips, Shawty, I would appreciate them. :D

Hmmmmm... I'm not sure how much help I will be. I did switch it, after all. Haha... DH liked the name okay, but wasn't too into it. He liked that we could nickname him Finn though. Really push that. And let him know that it isn't that common, so his trendy argument should go out the window.?

• Options
    Boys ROCK!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

image*francisca*:
    Boys ROCK!

I hope so...I am really afraid of getting peed on though. :( Lol

• Options
    imagenannyannie:

image*francisca*:
    Boys ROCK!

I'm NEVER leaving that sucker uncovered whilst changing.

• Options
    imageLuv-a-Bug:
    imagenannyannie:

image*francisca*:
    Boys ROCK!

I think I need to invest in like a spray shield or something. :P Maybe a nice clear plastic peen guard. Lol

• Options
    Congrats to you. I love the name Finley :-) Super cute and kind of edgy and I must say I smile every time you refer to the babe as hitchhiker in your posts :-) 
  • Options

imageKeianna:
    Congrats to you. I love the name Finley :-) Super cute and kind of edgy and I must say I smile every time you refer to the babe as hitchhiker in your posts :-) 

Thanks. :) We are pretty fond of the nn Hitchhiker ourselves. Bun came up with it when I was really early on, and after a while it sort of just...stuck. Lol

• Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    Consider all the bits crossed for your job prospect.  It sounds like you had an awesome day!
  • Options
    imagenannyannie:
    imageLuv-a-Bug:
    imagenannyannie:

image*francisca*:
    Boys ROCK!

I think I need to invest in like a spray shield or something. :P Maybe a nice clear plastic peen guard. Lol

Google "peepee tee pees".  There are real items out there, made of cloth, machine washable, and more absorbent than trying to throw a diaper wipe over the twig and berries.  Sometimes the shock of the cool air whilst being naked is enough to make them pee!  Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"