LGBT Parenting

It's a baby!

We had our midwife appointment yesterday afternoon and ultrasound this morning - everything looks great! There's a real baby in there!!!

The heartbeat sounded perfect.  And then the midwife proceded to shock us a little when she suggested that by the height of my uterus, I couldmaybepossibly have two babies in there - Cecilia and I just started laughing!  So all night I kept saying "One OR TWO babies!"  I think Cecilia was very happy to have the u/s this morning just so she wouldn't have to keep hearing me say that, LOL!

But lo and behold, the u/s revealed just ONE, perfect, beautiful baby.  And my dear wife sighed with relief Wink

I told the rest of my direct coworkers when I got to work, and everyone is excited.  I even had my belly touched for the first time, lol

We won't get definitive results back on our risk for chromosomal abnormalities until I go for a second blooddraw in Nov/Dec - but right now, everything's great!

Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: It's a baby!

• Fantastic! I'm so happy for you and C! Isn't seeing and hearing the baby the best thing ever?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    Fantastic! I'm so happy for you and C! Isn't seeing and hearing the baby the best thing ever?

It really was incredible!

Mrs._F

• Loading the player...
  • How awesome!!!  YAY for one healthy baby!!!Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yay! Congratulations :-)
  • Hooray for a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat!  Congratulations.
  • Yay! Congratulations!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You don't know me and I don't know you, but I was following your blog a while back.  (you had even sent me the password - which I now forgot and need to find so that I can go read the most recent posts)

ANYWAY, I was getting excited for you two - the random ladies I didn't know. I didn't think it was going to happen so quickly!  That is great!  I am so very happy for you.  Congrats!  As a mom of a 13 month old, I just want to say (what i am sure everyone is saying) that you are entering in to the most wonderful experience in the world.  Enjoy!!!!  And again, congratulations!

• imagesusanmosley:

You don't know me and I don't know you, but I was following your blog a while back.  (you had even sent me the password - which I now forgot and need to find so that I can go read the most recent posts)

ANYWAY, I was getting excited for you two - the random ladies I didn't know. I didn't think it was going to happen so quickly!  That is great!  I am so very happy for you.  Congrats!  As a mom of a 13 month old, I just want to say (what i am sure everyone is saying) that you are entering in to the most wonderful experience in the world.  Enjoy!!!!  And again, congratulations!

Aw, thanks!  We didn't think it would happen so quickly either! ha ha!  Feel free to email me again, I can resend the password.  Once the rest of our family knows (next week) I'll be un-protecting all the entries and getting back into blogging Smile

Mrs._F

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"