Single Parents
Options

single moms.. wwyd?

Ive decided not to put BD on the BC. I don't want him to have any rights to my son, because i fear for mine and my LO's safety around him. He has bi-polar disorder, PTSD and is very violent. He will punch a hole in the wall over spilled milk, literally.

If he fights to be on the BC and get visitation, i'll do all i can to stop him. He is psychotic and scary and i don't want my precious innocent LO in his hands. Not to mention, he lives with his girlfriend (they used to be engaged, he left her and got me pregnant then left me to go back to her once he'd found out i conceived), and she has made threats to me before. Even threats of punching my stomach while pregnant. He used my body to have a child to give her, and the thought of this just sickens me.

I don't care about the CS. I don't need it. I have support from family and i will continue to work after LO is 6 weeks, and hopefully i can work the next few weeks if doc takes me off bedrest, which is highly unlikely.

Am i wrong? Would you do the same? I will do all in my power for him to never lay eyes on my LO. The thought of him terrifys me. I double lock all my doors and windows, and i'm scared to go out alone at night because i always feel like he will pop up.

Re: single moms.. wwyd?

• Options

well first off, congrats on your baby boy!

secondly, no, you're not wrong... in fact, i would do everything to get as far away from him as possible.. you have to do what you need to do to keep baby boy as safe as possible...

good luck and stay strong!

• Options
    I am not in the same situation as far as being scared of my son's father, but similar in not wanting him around, not putting him on bc, and not filing for cs I am right there with you.  It is hard, but you know what's best for your LO and with family and friends to support you, you guys will do just great!  Don't second guess yourself, sounds like your motherly instincts are right on.  Good luck and yay for this new supportive board!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks everyone! :)

But another question... even if i don't put him on BC or get his CS, can't he fight for rights to see him?

• Options

I just found this board and am also a single mom. Now to your question.

You are within your rights to not list you childs father, but if he is a detirmined as you have said then he will find you and he will get rights unless you can prove he is a danger to your child.

Now what he did to you is really terrible ( I read your previous post) but unless you can show with tangible proof and not just what you think he will be apart of your son's life and you will have to figure out a way to work with him or it will be a hard 18 years.

• Options
    Amanda, he can order a proof of paternity from the court if he wants to. Visitation has nothing to do with CS. If he has a good enough lawyer, he can even fight for you to pay his court costs. Unless you have his threats recorded by video or voice recorder, the judge will grant him rights. You may think you are screwing him over, but it may backfire... especially if he is your "ex-husband."
  • Options

Go see a lawyer. Not putting the fathers name on the BC doesn't negate his rights it just doesn't give LO the correct last name. If he's crazy document it and start building your case, take a warrant and start lining up your ducks.

CS and visitation in my state don't have anything to do with each other. I advise you to get your child's money to help make his/her life not as hard.

Document, Document, Document. Use your cell phone to record. One get some counseling so you can stop being scared (if that's even possible, sometimes it just isn't). Has he hit you? If so document it and that's a wrap on visitation but you need to legally take care of this matter.

Congrats.

• Options
    I DO NOT blame you! However, he does indeed have rights. Should he decide to file for custody/proof of paternity- there is nothing you can do to stop him. The very best thing you can do is to literally document EVERYTHING- every incident, every threat, etc. Attorneys are expensive, but if you can afford one consult one. If not, look for a low income agency in your area. Please, trust me on this.
  • Options
    imagesohappyforthem369:

Go see a lawyer. Not putting the fathers name on the BC doesn't negate his rights it just doesn't give LO the correct last name. If he's crazy document it and start building your case, take a warrant and start lining up your ducks.

i hope this phrase was just an oversight. just because it's the father's last name does not make it the "correct" last name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. Restraining order.

2. Don't put him on the BC.  He will have no rights until he proves that he is the father. (Paternity test.)

3. IF he gets a paternity test and gets visitations, make sure they are supervised.  Just based on what you wrote you should be able to get them.

• Options

imagemadeleines_mommy:
    MUD

Ditto. Can we please keep this type of crap off of this board?

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"