South Florida Babies
Options

nikki/umwife

Hey girl...I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier, but the last few days have been insanely busy at work and I have still been trying to recuperate from the shower and catching up on work I missed last week.

Anyway, I have looked everywhere and I can't find the swatch anywhere :( Either Gaby or I must have thrown it away at some point. I'm so sorry. I really wanted to be able to send it to you.

Regardless, I think the silver might look really cool. I remember all the metallic colors being really nice...they all had a nice subtle sheen to them, but they weren't in-your-face shiny or sparkly. The silver could really give it a nice touch. Worse comes to worse, if you order it and end up hating it, you can always return it and just wait and order something else. I know the feeling of wanting to have everything done before the girls arrive, but in the end we have plenty of time to put all the finishing touches on their nurseries and there is no rush to have it done before they're born.

Let me know what you decide to do! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: nikki/umwife

• Options

Thanks girl, I was wondering where you had been!

I'm really liking the idea of the silver one. The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be too shiny and end up looking like aluminum foil or something LOL But you're right, if it doesn't end up being what I want, I can always return it. No big deal.

Anyway, how is the progress on Emma's bedding going? I can't wait to see pictures of how the room comes together.

• Options

Nope, it's definitely not that shiny at all! It's a very muted silver. Like I said, there is some shimmer/sheen to it, but it's not sparkly. I think you'll like it!

The room is coming along! It feels a lot more "done" after the shower since we were able to fill it up with a lot of her stuff. We finally got the crib last week and built it on Friday night and it looks great. My mom is going to start on the bedding this week and I need to see when I have a chance to go buy a curtain rod so that we can finally hang her curtains. We ordered the glider from BRU on Sunday and it's supposed to be available for pick up at their store either by the end of this week or next week at the latest. Once we have the glider in place we will put the wall decal up. I just ordered these knobs from eBay and I'm going to spray paint them white and put them on her dresser. Then I am waiting on her art from Etsy and I have to go by Ikea to pick up a few storage baskets for her bookcase, and I'll be done! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oohhhh those bird knobs are perfect for her little birdy theme! It sounds like you've got everything all planned out, it's just a matter of going out and getting what you need. It's going to look awesome!! :)

I have my last shower this weekend, so once we do that I'll be able to run out and get whatever else we need. Honestly, a lot of the stuff has been covered already -- either by me popping in at different stores and just picking things up a little at a time, or at the shower I had in Miami. My mom also keeps sending up stuff for her. I think I get an email from her every other hour with a "what do you think" "do you like this" "look what I got for Carley" subject line LOL It's fun to see how excited she gets.

I think we're getting our glider this weekend, so once that's in the room I'll have a better idea of where the decal can go. I think I'm going to be a big girl and just go ahead and order it. I'm sure it'll look great once it's in the room. I can't wait!!

PS: I've been talking to Cynthia...she's overdue (due date was yesterday) and still waiting for baby Isabella.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"