Trouble TTC
Options

Cost of an SA?

My husband has to have an SA done next week. We just found out that he has a $500 deductible on his insurance before they'll cover anything, so we're going to end up paying for the analysis out of pocket.

The lab is now closed until Monday, and I'm just curious how much we should expect to pay. Anyone know how much it costs out of pocket?

Re: Cost of an SA?

• Options
    I've seen a wide range of prices. I have heard some have paid $80ish and others have paid a few hundred.  We paid about $130.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

DH just got the prescription for it. It's $100 i think. I'm not sure if there is a difference if you go to a lab or an embryologist, Ours is with the embry doctor.

TTC#1 with PCOS since 3/2009 2 surgeries to remove dermoid 7 medicaid cycles=BFN 3 IUI's=BFN IVM= BFP Twins- missed m/c @ 9weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Such a bummer. I know fertility stuff is often not covered, but I thought we'd at least be covered for this! And I guess we technically are, if it weren't for the damn deductible.

I'm really hoping it's under $100...

It just seems like it's possibly a waste, because we know the issues are mine right now (have only ovulated twice in like 9 months). But DH's doctor thought he might have varicoceles, so she wants us to have an SA done before we even begin to move forward with me (probably Clomid). I'm guessing that's probably because you can only take Clomid for 4-6 cycles, and she wants to make sure we're not "wasting" them?

• Options
    imagekowabunga:

Such a bummer. I know fertility stuff is often not covered, but I thought we'd at least be covered for this! And I guess we technically are, if it weren't for the damn deductible.

I'm really hoping it's under $100...

It just seems like it's possibly a waste, because we know the issues are mine right now (have only ovulated twice in like 9 months). But DH's doctor thought he might have varicoceles, so she wants us to have an SA done before we even begin to move forward with me (probably Clomid). I'm guessing that's probably because you can only take Clomid for 4-6 cycles, and she wants to make sure we're not "wasting" them?

I know how you feel. I know that I am not ovulating, so that is the obvious problem, but having a SA done can help the doctor develop a plan of action.

TTC#1 with PCOS since 3/2009 2 surgeries to remove dermoid 7 medicaid cycles=BFN 3 IUI's=BFN IVM= BFP Twins- missed m/c @ 9weeks
  • Options
    We paid $40 and the lab didn't take our insurance.  I feel like I got a "deal".
  • Options
    We paid about $150 for our SA.
  • Options

We had been TTC  for a year and a half and finally went to the dr last month he had DH do a SA and then we got the bill $230. We did find out that he is on 30% firtile 70% of his sperm are miss shaped and won't get the job done. We talked about what we could do and the next step was to get his sperm washed and injected into me. Only I was late friday and just took a test today and I'm pregnant! So I guess it doesnt matter sometimes what your told God's going to make it happen when he wants. Anyways, Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"