Trouble TTC
Options

TTC - a one sided thing?

I'm not sure if many women on this board are in the same boat I am, but I just had to post, because this is something that I'm having an increasing problem dealing with.

My husband and I have an 11 month-old baby boy named Connor - he's perfect in every way and I'm more in love than I ever thought possible... I want more than anything to give Connor a little brother or sister... Only my H doesn't want anymore kids... I'm only 24 and he wants my ovaries to shut down already??

My H just turned 39 and he has three kids - Connor, and his two children from his first marriage, Myles and Malia.  We spend every other weekend with M&M, and they love Connor to death... But if I'm completely honest, I really don't know a lot of people that would want more than three kids, so I kind of understand where H is coming from.

BUT - in the grand scheme of things, I'm not ready to stop having babies!  There's a feeling deep down that makes me feel like our family isn't whole yet - like someone is missing from the picture.  I want another child SOOO badly that I'm already looking a baby names - that can't be healthy, right?

I don't know ladies - I just feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle and that maybe my H will win out in the end and I won't get to try one more time for a daughter.  My H is just so set that having another baby would hinder our family, not help it... and I'm so set that having another baby will make our family complete!

FRUSTRATED! Crying

Re: TTC - a one sided thing?

• Options

Well first off this is the TTC board. So your not going to find the answer you need on here as alot (myself included) have spent years trying to have the first baby.

You might want to post this on Getting pregnant they can maybe be more opt to give you advice.

• Options

Did you discuss how many children you wanted before marriage?

Sorry, but children should not and can not be compromised. If he doesn't want a fourth, you either need to respect that or decide if you would like to leave and try for another child with someone more willing to be a parent. For the sake of the future child do not force something on the father he is not wanting.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You will probably get more answers on the getting pregnant board, since most posters here are TTC.  I agree with the pp though, did you talk about this before marriage?  Having babies is probably the #1 issue in marriages and is a deal-breaker for most people before they get married if they dont agree with their to-be spouse on how many/when/what if we can't etc.  Personally I think  since your son is only 11 mo, you should give it some time for your DS to get out of the baby stage and into the little boy stage before making any decisions. My DH didn't get bit by the "I want another baby" bug until our DS was almost 2 and not longer a baby.  Your DH might come around once there is no longer a baby in the house .

• Options

I understand why you posted here, you are TTC and he is not.  While I agree that you probably discussed this prior to marriage, sometimes circumstances change.  I imagine ( only a guess) Dh is feeling overwhelmed at  3 kids he is responsible to provide for and he is turning 40. Don't under estimate the fact that your family has changed in the last 19 months.  You were pg, now there is the baby and he is turing the BIG 40.  Also as you are 24, YOU have some time.  And since he fathered 3 babies, he must not have any fertility issues.  I also think he may not change his mind..he doesn't want a 10yr old when he is 50.

Just try not to do what we do....PUSH.  Give him some time & space & evaluate the "family". Does he have time for himself? Can he afford 4 kids?  Only you know the answers, we dont need to know.  Just consider everything and try to remember what the agreement was before you married.  were you in synch on this then? Who changed the game and then try to determine why the other person changed their mind. 

The last thing you want is to be pg and him resentful or not supportive of an addition.  Good luck.

• Options

Give him some time before bringing the issue up.  Your baby is still a baby, 10 months right?  At this point in time it can be very overwhelming for your DH to even think about having another baby.  You yourself still have time so I suggest you don't press the issue just yet.

Hope you all figure this out, gl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"