Oregon Babies
Options

Hair Salon/Stylist Recommendation?

Hi Ladies! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good salon in the Portland area.  I have been here for over a year now and still have not had great luck with any salons.  I do have really long thick hair which is not easy but thought you ladies might have a stylist you really like that I could try.  I am so desperate because my hair won't quit growing :)  Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hair Salon/Stylist Recommendation?

• Options

What area are you in? What is your budget?

I currently go to Poshe Salon out in Beaverton/Hillsboro.. but I used to go to Amore Salon & Spa on 10th and NW Lovejoy (amoresalonspa.com) and Curtis did my hair, he did GREAT.. I have thick, curly hair and I loved what he did to my hair.. he's just no longer convenient for me :(  My best friend still sees him though and loves him :)

As far as price goes, Poshe is $25 for a shampoo/cut/style and Amore is about $50 ... :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go to Bliss salon.  My stylist Chai is wonderful.  She specializes in naturally curly hair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I actually live in the Pearl District so I am going to try Amore.  Appreciate the quick response.  I'll let you guys know how it goes! Have a good evening!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    oh! I used to work with 3 other ladies that saw Curtis (they recommended him to me and my best friend) at Amore and all love him :)
  • Options

I see Mitch over at Spank on Alberta.  He is most amazing for my long thick hair and is SO much fun.  He is great with color too....

I have also had to bargain shop recently after becoming unemployed and tried out the Paul Mitchell Salon downtown.  Students do your hair for like half of what you would pay in the salon (or less).  I see Josh Lane there and he is really, really good.  When he was done with my hair I had people stop me to tell me how amazing it looked.

• Options
    imagenewlywed827:

I see Mitch over at Spank on Alberta.  He is most amazing for my long thick hair and is SO much fun.  He is great with color too....

I have also had to bargain shop recently after becoming unemployed and tried out the Paul Mitchell Salon downtown.  Students do your hair for like half of what you would pay in the salon (or less).  I see Josh Lane there and he is really, really good.  When he was done with my hair I had people stop me to tell me how amazing it looked.

I've thought about going to Paul Mitchell since I work 2 blocks from there.. But their pricing is confusing.. It seems like they charge one amount just for the cut and another amount for the style/flat iron.. or does it all work in to be one small amount?  I pay my guy $25 for shampoo, cut and flat iron/style... :)

• Options
    it ends up being one small amount.  I got a full color, cut and the most amazing blowout/flatiron I have ever had for a little over $40.  I have really curly hair and my hair was like silk....seriously.  The blowout and style was included in the service....
  • Options

imagenewlywed827:
    it ends up being one small amount.  I got a full color, cut and the most amazing blowout/flatiron I have ever had for a little over $40.  I have really curly hair and my hair was like silk....seriously.  The blowout and style was included in the service....

That's not bad at all :) I'll have to check it out.  I have super curly hair too .. and frizzy/kinky curly :(

• Options

I see Ruth at Roberts of Portland. She's amazing!

• Options
    I like going to Platform Artistic Salon, right in the Pearl next to the Paragon restaurant.  Jodie's great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"