LGBT Parenting
Options

First TTC via IUI coming up- Any tips?

Hello wonderful ladies! DW and I are gearing up for our first cycle with Clomid and Metformin in 3 weeks via IUI. I am wondering if any one has any tips or advice they would have liked before they started. We are realistic in the time that it will take and have a plan for 6 months with our RE already planned. After the 6 months we will meet again to discuss further treatment. Any advice or tips would be appreciated!!!!! You guys rock!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First TTC via IUI coming up- Any tips?

• Options

start your prenatals and DHA now. drink pom juice (helps offset the lining-thinning clomid). and enjoy!

oh, one other thing, be as flexible as possible.  cycles do screwy things all the time so try to keep your schedule, and mind, open.

good luck!

• Options
    I have been taking prenatals per my RE for a few months now. But thanks for the heads up on pom juice!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yup, I've got some advice indeed:

• Try to develop a few routines that you love that are not tied to TTC at all.  If you can, get a massage every few weeks, or set a weekly dim sum date or something like that.  Give yourself plenty to look foward to!

• Try not to tell too many IRL people that you're trying.  If it takes longer than two or three cycles, you'll likely regret telling them.  Plus, if you develop a love for the bloz like I did, you'll have plenty of people to commiserate with.

• Allow yourself to take breaks.  Even if you need a break between the high-stress first try and the second one, let yourself take it.  TTC is a marathon (for some of us at least), and rest periods can be lifesavers.

• This one came from my accupuncturist, and it was the common denominator on all three of my BFPs... try not to let the clinical atmosphere of the RE's office take away the romance.  Sometime in the evening after your IUI, try to raise your oxytocin levels.  (And yes, I am being a little coy there.)

• Take good care of yourself, mentailly, physically, spiritually.  This MoFo is hard on the body and the psyche, but it's worth it.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"