Trouble TTC
Options

XP: Jealousy bubbling up

I think I've been pretty good with all of the baby news around me and our own struggle of getting pregnant.

But I've been feeling these twinges of jealousy, and having a lot of "why not me?" thoughts.

Ugh I hate that feeling and I hate that my body isn't working.

We're closing on a house soon, so I've been trying to focus on the happiness of that. And it works most times, but I'm now wondering if we'll ever be able to fill those extra rooms with our kids.

How do you get around or beat these blues?

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Jealousy bubbling up

• Options
    I don't know how long you have been trying, but I've been trying for 7 months and am frustrated and have those same jealousy feelings.  I haven't quite figured out how to deal with it yet either.  I do try to keep myself busy, but around the AF time of the month, all those feelings get much worse.
  • Options

I have TTC for over 5 years. I know how you feel with the jelosy. My neices who are 5-7 yrs younger than me both have 2 kids. I'm their Aunt.. I should have kids before them. My DH and I are the last of our friends to have kids, alot didn't want them and had opps but I have to pay Thousands to just get a small chance.

So just know your not alone.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same situation. We recently bought a house and I've been trying to focus on getting it fixed up. But, most days when I'm home by myself (like today) I wind up sitting around depressed at the empty house. Good luck to you!
    My Blog

SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options

Well, I finally found a board where I can relate to...like everyone says, you're not alone. When we first found out we were pregnant, was 3 weeks after comiing home from our honeymoon back in May of this year. I was due for AF during my honeymoon but no show; so I took a pregnancy test and had a BFP. Then I went to my OB and same thing. As the days passed, I mentally and emotionally began to get use to the fact that I was becoming a mom. Unfortunately, on July 1st the worse happened!!! I miscarried with a blighted ovum. Even though there was nothing in the g-sac, I still felt what it was like to be pregnant.

Today, I feel just like you. There has been baby news ALL AROUND ME. Three co workers and friends that I know. I honestly feel very very happy for them, but way, deep down inside it hurts really really bad and have that jealousy feeling that comes over me. It makes me think, it could've been me. I could have been 5 months now with my college friend who is due in March. I always say "Why did it happen to me?" So you're not alone.....we're here to support eachother

Married April 24th, 2009 BFP May 13, 2009 Blighted Ovum-6/18/2009 8wks M/C 7/1/2009-lasted 2 and half weeks 1st round of Provera 10/1/2009-10/10/2009 =still waiting!?!?! FIRST AF showed up: 10/25/2009-10/30/2009 SECOND AF 12/2/2009-12/6/2009 THIRD AND FINAL AF BEFORE TTC: 01/12/2010-12/18/2010 2nd round on Provera: 3/3/2010-3/12/2010 AF- 3/17/2010-3/23/2010 1ST ROUND CLOMID CD5-9: 3/21/2010-3/25/2010 BFP-April 25th, 2010 M/C-May 15th 2010 (NO HEARTBEAT @ 8.5wks) AF #1 since mc on July 15th, 2010 (TTC since this date) AF #2 since mc on Sept 27th, 2010 (TTC) Oct. 2010-decided to go see an RE Dec. 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS Dec. 11th 2010 AF #3 since mc AF #3 since mc-Dec 11th, 2010 Jan 25th, 2011- 1st IUI w/ ovidrel Feb 7th 2011- TOTAL BUST~~BFN AF showed her face Feb. 10th 2011 Feb.25th 2011-IUI #2 w/ Clomid and ovidrel shot-??? Pregnancy Test on March 11th-BFP Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options

Thanks ladies for all of the support. I really appreciate it, especially coming from women who are in the same boat.

We got pg the 2nd month of trying in March 08, m/c in May/June, and have been trying ever since with no luck. I think I'm nearing 1.5years since the m/c. Ugh!

Hopefully we'll all have our healthy babies soon.

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so glad someone wrote this.  I feel the exact same way.  All of my friends now are popping out babies and each time I hear someone else is pg (usually after barely even trying), I feel my stomach cringing.  Of course, I am happy for them, but I just go home and cry.  Here we are going to doctors for even a slight chance, when it seems other ppl just blink and they are pg.  So frustrating!

It will happen.  That's what I keep telling myself.  Congrats on the new house.  We just purchased one too, so I completely understand.  and you are right, just keep focusing on that.

*SAIF* always welcome
    TTC since October 2007
    Dx with Unexplained IF
    IUI #1-3 w/clomid: Jan-March 2010...BFN
    IUI #4 w/injectables: April 2010...BFP
    1st u/s: 5/17-one little perfect hb@7w2d, 2nd u/s: 6/5-no hb@10w;
    missed miscarriage: 6/10 d&c
    IUI #5-7 w/injectables: Sept 2010-Jan 2011...BFFN
    IVF #1: Feb/March 2011...pretty please let this work!!!!

Expecting twin boys!!!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I totally understand your feelings we mc last year at 14 weeks and now nothing... Found out 3 days before our wedding that his exwife is due in November, had a total melt down over the whole thing.  Not to mention half the people I work with are pregnant and because I'm a medic all I see all day is pregnant people.  It sucks so I understand your twinges of jealousy, I have them all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"