3rd Trimester
Options

Is blood pressure 108/70 normal?

I just went to my clinic's aftercare because I lost my voice after a weeklong respiratory illness. They said I could take reg Sudafed or Benadryl. I was feeling so crappy and out of it that I didn't ask if my BP was normal. 108/70? TIA

Re: Is blood pressure 108/70 normal?

• Options
    Yes.  Anything 100/60-120/80 is normal. 
  • Options
    "Normal" BP is 120/80
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

"Normal" is 120/80, but it's actually good to be below that. 108/70 is just fine.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I always have the opposite question....is 90/46 normal? Extremely low blood pressure runs in our family though!
  • Options
    Low blood pressure runs in my family. My cousin got denied an epi because her's was too low. I don't want that to happen! Thanks...
  • Options
    Mine has been 100/60 the entire pregnancy. (Well, until Friday anyway.)
  • Options
    90/46 seems REALLY low to me, but if your OB hasn't shown concern, I'd go with that. It's not like I went to med school, but dang....that does seem low.
  • Options
    Blood pressures of 100s/70s and 90/46 are fine as long as you are not dizzy or lightheaded and still making urine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think the biggest thing is knowing what is "normal" for you. I have blood pressure around what yours is which is lower than "normal" but I know that so I would probably be concerned if it was closer to average.

the same thing with my body temp too. I usually run a low temp so when I have a temp of 99.something that is a fever for me.

Know your normal stats, but i'm sure you're fine. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"