Infertility
Options

DH and I had "the talk"

I know that I am a "newbie" on this board, and not as far into the IF process as some, but wanted to share anyway.

DH and I are on cycle 16.  We started seeing an RE over the summer.  I'm going to call the office in the next week or two to set up another consultation appt with him where we can actually talk about specifically what we want to do when we begin the IUI process (which is the next step he has recommended based on our test results).  I also want to check with him to see if there are any other tests we could/should have done. 

DH and I decided that we'd give ourselves until the end of the year, and if we're not pregnant on our own by then, we'd start IUI in January.  That gives us 3 more cycles to try on our own.  We'll be on cycle 19 when we start IUI in January.

We'll need to talk to the doctor about whether we do unmedicated, Clomid, injectibles, etc...as well as if we just do a single or back-to-back IUI.  (I think his office typically does b2b.)  DH and I also decided that if we've just had it by the end of November, we'd entertain the idea of doing IUI in December.  (But I really see us waiting until January...I just keep hoping it'll happen on its own.)

At least there's a plan in place...but January seems so far away!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH and I had "the talk"

• Options
    Sounds like a good plan! That gives you lots of time to get any necessary testing out of the way too.  Just FYI, ask your RE what their holiday hours are like. The first one I saw was closed from X-mas to NYE, so IUI that month was impossible for me. (He was a BAD RE, though, and I've never heard of anybody being closed that long.)
  • Options

It's always good to have a plan :)

Good luck! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good Luck! Hope you get a BFP soon!

• Options
    Good Luck!  It can be hard to wait but with the holidays coming up time will fly by.  We are also waiting until next year to start treatment so I know how frustrating it can be.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone.  I will definitely ask about the holiday schedule, but I seem to remember our RE telling us that they are open every day of the year. 

And good luck to you too, Yellow Daisy, as you start treatment as well!

It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

• Options
    imageschoolsoutbride:Sounds like a good plan! That gives you lots of time to get any necessary testing out of the way too.  Just FYI, ask your RE what their holiday hours are like. The first one I saw was closed from X-mas to NYE, so IUI that month was impossible for me. (He was a BAD RE, though, and I've never heard of anybody being closed that long.)
    Just thought I'd chime in, the RE UMich goes to is the one I went to and they're open 365 days a year.  They did a ER or ET on Christmas last year.  :)Good luck sweetie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! 
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck!!  It is so great that you guys have a plan! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've been following you for a long time on GP and am so glad you guys have a plan! Best of luck to you... as someone else said, with the holidays coming up, the time will fly by!

Keep us updated! Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks!  Embarrassed

Yeah I hope with the holidays the time does go by quicker.  I will keep you updated! Smile

Fallbride--I haven't seen you in awhile!  I hope everything goes ok at your appt Tuesday.  I can't believe you're in your 2nd tri!

• Options
    Oops--Fall, just realized that was an older blog post!  hehe...I'm guessing everything went ok at that appt then!

• Options

imageUMichGirl:
    Oops--Fall, just realized that was an older blog post!  hehe...I'm guessing everything went ok at that appt then!

lol  It's okay, all my appointments are on Tuesdays anyways.  :)  And believe me, I'm kinda in shock I'm in the second tri too. 

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"