New York Babies
Options

recs on OB GYN's in NYC

Please recommend your OB GYN. ?I am currently 6-7 weeks pregnant and trying to figure out if I should look for another OB GYN.?
?
Can anyone recommend your doctor on either the UES or UWS?
?
Also is Lenox Hill Hospital as good as NY Presbyterian??

Re: recs on OB GYN's in NYC

• Options

Dr. Alex Tepper (from post below) - I love him.

https://www.mountsinai.org/Find A Doctor/profile.do?id=0000072500001497125092

Lenox Hill is a good hospital but it is not rated as high as NY Presbyterian or Mt. Sinai. ?I think (but am not sure) that both of those hospitals have better equipped NICUs.

• Options

I love Dr. Shurr, Brightman & Michelle Silverstein on the UES. ?It's an all-female practice, they deliver at Mt. Sinai, there's never a wait & they always respond to my calls right away. ?They also have ?a VERY low episiodomy & c-section rate. ?

https://www.eswobgyn.com/

?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not to highjack post, but if Dr. Tepper is solo practicioner who delivers when he is unavailable?  Does he work with other OBs that fill in for him?  Anyone know?  THANKS
  • Options

My ob's were Brasner, Blumberg & Amaru, Excellent but I was just informed that they have stopped taking insurance...or at least Aetna.

My friend who is currently pregnant goes to Geeta Sharma at Weil Cornell.  She loves her.

https://www.weillcornell.org/geetasharma/

Another friend went to dr Boester at Weil cornell and really liked her.

https://www.weillcornell.org/aboester/

Hope that helps!

• Options
    thanks everyone!
  • Options

I go to Westcare Medical on 93rd and CPW - www.westcaremedical.org

It's a practice with 4 female doctors, and I'm very happy with them so far! My main doctor is Dr. Lurie, but after 20 weeks you rotate through all 4 so you're comfortable with whoever is on call. 

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Please DON'T use Alex Tepper! I had a horrible experience with him during a first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. Found him unsympathetic and even cold. Also scheduled me for several unnecessary (as confirmed by my primary care doctor), time-consuming and anxiety-provoking tests, then withheld the results from me because "I wouldn't understand." He also violated HIPAA (privacy) several times by name-dropping some of his famous patients as well as a coworker of mine and discussing their treatment with me.

I'm on a search for a new ob-gyn myself, needless to say. Just avoid this guy.  Please.

• Options

My doctor recommended Dr. Moritz to me and so far he has been great. Though for full disclosure, I haven't even had my first appointment yet (next week). For the past three days I've been having very sharp pains in my right side (like a stitch when you run) when I walk anywhere. I called his practice this morning to ask if I should be worried and even though he wasn't working today they said they'd email him and he'd get back to me. He called ten minutes later! I apologized to bugging him when he wasn't in the office (and the fact we hadn't even met face to face yet) and he was so nice and concerned. Very warm demeanor. I went for a sonogram this afternoon and the office was like walking into a spa... had a locker room for your belongings and robes instead of paper gowns. Granted, this is my first experience for all of this, so maybe this is typical, but I was thrilled to have such a reassuring first experience. FYI he's on 315 W 57th b/t 8th and 9th.

Oh, one question... what are the reputations for the various hospitals in NYC? I heard that the birthing rooms at Roosevelt fantastic. Any insight would be appreciated!

• Options
    I find this hard to believe, Alex Tepper has been my doctor for many years and many of my friends use him. He actually drove one of my friends to the hospital when she was bleeding and miscarrying. I would definitely recommend him.
  • Options

What hospital do you plan on delivering at with your doctors?  I'm 4.5 weeks, but my old ob-gyn just went out of practice so I suddenly have to find someone new.

Thanks,
    Virginia 

PS:  I'm a Carolina grad too! 

• Options
    imagevirginia78:

What hospital do you plan on delivering at with your doctors?  I'm 4.5 weeks, but my old ob-gyn just went out of practice so I suddenly have to find someone new.

Thanks,
    Virginia 

PS:  I'm a Carolina grad too! 

Awesome! Go Heels!

My doctors (Westcare Medical) deliver at Roosevelt.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"